Author Topic: Question on Washing rather than full on detailing  (Read 14048 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Question on Washing rather than full on detailing
« Reply #30 on: 07 November 2017, 14:56 »
On Saturday I gave the car a pressure wash and told my wife to take it to the hairdressers while I washed her car. The car was driven 4 miles. The roads in both directions are brown. :angry:

This is why there is little point in being too fussy when I clean the cars. :cry:

WARNING: dirty pictures -

Sounds like it's a tractor that you need, not a GTI :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 07 November 2017, 16:32 »
Ah a bit (lot) of dirt looks sexy on a GTI, as long as it comes off at some point.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #32 on: 25 November 2017, 11:08 »
Ah a bit (lot) of dirt looks sexy on a GTI, as long as it comes off at some point.  :laugh:
:huh:

I think it just looks neglected. Hate seeing my car like that. :sad: Don't even like seeing other cars like that. I have even been known to wash visitors cars if I am already out washing mine. Sad, I know! :embarrassed:

Having said that... We recently had a Audi Q2 SUV as a loan car while the A3 was in the garage. I thought it looked cool covered in mud. I guess in my mind, mud on a off-road style car looks ok. :rolleyes: And it's the first Sline that I have driven that was actually comfortable. So when I'm not fit to wash my cars anymore I'll get an SUV. :laugh:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 25 November 2017, 12:44 »
:huh:

I think it just looks neglected. Hate seeing my car like that. :sad: Don't even like seeing other cars like that. I have even been known to wash visitors cars if I am already out washing mine. Sad, I know! :embarrassed:

Having said that... We recently had a Audi Q2 SUV as a loan car while the A3 was in the garage. I thought it looked cool covered in mud. I guess in my mind, mud on a off-road style car looks ok. :rolleyes: And it's the first Sline that I have driven that was actually comfortable. So when I'm not fit to wash my cars anymore I'll get an SUV. :laugh:

I know where you are coming from about it looking neglected, but, its not neglected is it which makes it bearable. You know you won’t leave it in that state for long.  What is painful to look at is a car that clearly has months and months, longer even, of dirt on that you know is not coming off anytime soon. You can tell the difference between a car that’s looked after and just got very dirty and a car that’s never gets touched and is properly neglected.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11