Author Topic: Arrival of new clubsport  (Read 9723 times)

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
Arrival of new clubsport
« on: 02 October 2016, 02:08 »
So I should get delivery of a new gti Clubsport by the end of the month and want to start its life in the best way and get a new car detail but I have a few questions.

1) does any know a good retailer in the midlands?
2) dealership have stayted that they won't clean the car but that they can't remove the wraps as they need to check for damage. Does this sound right?
3) is there anything I should look out for as I presumably can't then claim for anything being wrong once I've driven it off.

Thanks  :smiley:
GTI Clubsport edition 40
Carbon Steel Grey, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Car Net, Recaro Seats, Black Roof

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Arrival of new clubsport
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2016, 07:21 »
So I should get delivery of a new gti Clubsport by the end of the month and want to start its life in the best way and get a new car detail but I have a few questions.

1) does any know a good retailer in the midlands?
2) dealership have stayted that they won't clean the car but that they can't remove the wraps as they need to check for damage. Does this sound right?
3) is there anything I should look out for as I presumably can't then claim for anything being wrong once I've driven it off.

Thanks  :smiley:

Hi

1) Sorry, don't know but hopefully someone in that area can help you out.
2) Yes, it is quite reasonable of the dealership to want to remove the transport wraps in order to PDI the car properly.  When I collected my car, I had them remove the wraps but not prep the car at all, including leaving any glue from the wraps on.  They were happy to oblige.  I detailed it myself. 
If they can't remove the wraps and there are any issues, you might have difficulty getting them to accept this as they can argue that they were unable to properly PDI the car.  One thing you can do, is ask if you can be there to remove the wraps yourself, I know some have done this.
3) Make sure you thoroughly check all over the car, inside and out.  Much easier to sort any issues if they are noted at collection.  Not impossible, but harder to do this once you have signed for, and driven the car away. Easy to get caught up in the excitement on collection day, so do yourself a list of things to check, so you remember.

TBH, if you are getting it pro detailed from the start, it's not so much of a concern about dealer prep, as the detailed will sort any minor paint (swirls ec) issues out with the new car detail.  But IMO, still better to skip the dealership prep anyway.

Oh, and don't forget.....we want to see pics when it's all done.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 02 October 2016, 07:25 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2016, 12:03 »
Thanks for the advice booth. I will ensure that I do the best check possible. And of course I will post some pics! 😃🚗
GTI Clubsport edition 40

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2016, 07:08 »
Morning

Looking forward to seeing the pics as im yet to see a CS on the road.

Retailer:-

https://birmingham-detailing-shop.myshopify.com/collections

Or if you fancy a trip to Derby:-

https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/

This is where I'd go as they have pretty much everything you'll need.

Detailer:-

http://www.atd-detailing.co.uk/

They are next to shop n shine in derby - they do some awesome work!

If that's no good then bring it to my house and we'll do it together! I know a little bit about these things  :grin:

I'd expect the dealer to take the wraps off as they have to check for damage themselves as the manufacturer will argue that its not their problem of they do not.

The paint can be sorted quite easily so id focus on damaged trims, the things that will be a PITA to argue about after you've driven off.

Hope that helps?

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2016, 00:13 »
Hi wo-wo. Thanks for this info. Atd looks good. It's my first ever step into detailing.  I want to get it done right first time then will learn myself.

The dealer has said that they will take the wraps off. I guess I will feel under pressure in handover and want make sure that I don't miss anything. Is there anything else that people miss?

More than happy to bring it round then you can show me how to detail properly! 😃👍
GTI Clubsport edition 40

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2016, 13:05 »
Hi wo-wo. Thanks for this info. Atd looks good. It's my first ever step into detailing.  I want to get it done right first time then will learn myself.

The dealer has said that they will take the wraps off. I guess I will feel under pressure in handover and want make sure that I don't miss anything. Is there anything else that people miss?

More than happy to bring it round then you can show me how to detail properly! 😃👍

Sorted then - let me know when and i'll get the kettle on.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2016, 19:56 »
Just to add I live near Burton on Trent, not Cheshire if that helps. Only 40 mins from the Ricoh Arena.

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2016, 21:17 »
Need an excuse to run the engine in. 👍
GTI Clubsport edition 40

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2016, 13:53 »
Not sure how sad this makes me, but two guys detailing a new GTI sounds like a lot of fun :nerd:
Happy bonding  :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2016, 19:45 »
Not sure how sad this makes me, but two guys detailing a new GTI sounds like a lot of fun :nerd:
Happy bonding  :laugh:

Not sad at all mate, you're always welcome too. My wife's already said she'll sort the bacon butties!