Author Topic: Interior clean.....and added exterior clean!  (Read 14439 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Interior clean
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2016, 20:14 »
That is a seriously well looked after car!  Sorry to hear about your scrape the other day  :sad:, hope it gets back to looking as good as the rest of the car soon.

Thanks.  :smiley:

Yes I'll be glad to get to get the two bits of damage sorted and back to it being dent and scrape free....until the next careless idiot comes along. :undecided: :sad:
It won't matter then, you'll be in that Up! we discussed :laugh: :laugh:

There will be no up! on the booth driveway, but if there were I would detail it into oblivion.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2016, 20:16 »
That is a seriously well looked after car!  Sorry to hear about your scrape the other day  :sad:, hope it gets back to looking as good as the rest of the car soon.

Thanks.  :smiley:

Yes I'll be glad to get to get the two bits of damage sorted and back to it being dent and scrape free....until the next careless idiot comes along. :undecided: :sad:
It won't matter then, you'll be in that Up! we discussed :laugh: :laugh:

There will be no Up! On the booth driveway, but if there were I would detail it into oblivion.  :grin:
I'm in no doubt whatsoever that it would be the cleanest, shiniest Up! known to man :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2016, 22:43 »
smashing interior shots!

I think i'd rather spend more time sitting in your motor than on my sofa!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2016, 01:19 »
smashing interior shots!

I think i'd rather spend more time sitting in your motor than on my sofa!

Lol, so would I.  :laugh:

Chees Jimmy. :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2016, 10:38 »
Superb job (as always) Rebecca! Great pics

Will definitely give the G6 a go when my AG fast glass runs out. I noticed you apply with one cloth and then wipe off with another... maybe that's what I'm missing. Just ordered another set of Wo-wo cloths so now I will have 2  :smiley: I've tried other (cheap) glass cloths but found them to be inferior  :laugh:

Can't afford a metro vac but the handheld dyson v6 is pretty damn good.

What's your expert opinion on a good product for non-leather seats? Mine still look reasonable but will want some attention fairly soon.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2016, 10:52 »
Looks lovely mate!! Gives me inspiration to do mine...although mine is 139k mk5..it might not look as good  :grin:
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2016, 12:04 »
What would you use to clean full cloth seats.
I can get my carpets mint. But never the seats in the mk2

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Interior clean.....and added exterior clean!
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2016, 17:01 »
Superb job (as always) Rebecca! Great pics

Will definitely give the G6 a go when my AG fast glass runs out. I noticed you apply with one cloth and then wipe off with another... maybe that's what I'm missing. Just ordered another set of Wo-wo cloths so now I will have 2  :smiley: I've tried other (cheap) glass cloths but found them to be inferior  :laugh:

Can't afford a metro vac but the handheld dyson v6 is pretty damn good.

What's your expert opinion on a good product for non-leather seats? Mine still look reasonable but will want some attention fairly soon.

What would you use to clean full cloth seats.
I can get my carpets mint. But never the seats in the mk2

Thanks all.  :smiley:

Not too sure about general fabric cleaner as always had leather, but any decent fabric cleaner should do the trick

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/carpet-fabric-cleaners/cat_110.html

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/fabric-cleaners-and-proofers.html

For long term protection of fabric, to make it stain resistant, water resistant and prevent dye transfer (from jeans), I'd be looking at Gtechniq l1 Fabric Guard.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gtechniq-i1-smart-fabric/prod_1094.html

Twice a year I use their L1 Leather Guard and it is fantastic for protecting the leather, so I imagine the Fabric Guard would be good.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2016, 17:06 »
Wash today today!  Not a great day for it as drizzling on and off, but managed to get it cleaned……eventually.

Car was pretty dirty to start off with, especially the front Pretorias, which I was not relishing cleaning.  But start with the worst bit, get it over with, lol.  Hose hooked up to water filter first – many use it for final rinse only but I use it for whole wash process to avoid any hard water marks.

Pre-wash - Bilberrry wheel Cleaner sprayed on all wheels first and tailpipes.  Decided the wheels also needed a going over with Iron X as a fair amount of brake dust on them. So snow foamed car with ValetPro Advanced PH Neutral Snow Foam, left to dwell then pressure washed off.   As just using Iron X on wheels only today, at this point I washed the wheels and wheel wells using a WoWo Wheel Mitt and Wheel Woollies and shampoo.  Wheels then thoroughly rinsed and Iron X sprayed on, left for 5 mins, then rubbed over with a microfibre and thoroughly rinsed off, wheels then given another quick wash and rinse.  Wheels nice and clean and free of iron deposits.

Wash - onto the body work - 2 bucket wash using Swissvax Car Bath – first time trying this shampoo as a change to my normal DoDo Juice Supernatural shampoo.  Gave a good amount of suds and nice slick solution, good lubricity and glided well over the panels on the WoWo Lambswool Wash Mitt.  Car washed from roof down, rinsing the mitt after every panel. Used a separate mitt for the lower panels.   Tailpipes cleaned with big Wheel Woollie rotated to remove as much carbon build-up as possible.  The Bilberry pre-wash had done its work, as the soot came off very easily.  Rinse – thorough pressure wash rinse from roof down, followed by final rinse with open ended hose to leave the minimum of standing water. 

Dry – bodywork dried off with WoWo Drying Towels – working roof down and gently blotting the little water remaining on the car after the final rinse.  Wheels dried off with WoWo Wheel Towel which is such a great size for wheels.

Detail – no waxing today due to the on off drizzle but went around the car attending to the various details:
Tailpipes cleaned with Mothers Mag and Aluminum Metal Polish and buffed off to a high shine.
Wheels sealed with 2 coats of Gtechniq C2v3
Windscreen sealed with 2 coats of Gtechniq C2v3
All other external glass cleaned with Gtechniq G6 Perfect Glass
Tyres dressed with Achem Hi-Shine Long Lasting Tyre Dressing.

A few before pics:

The gear:

Snow foam:

Snow foam rinsed off:

Wheel cleaning:

Iron X:

2 bucket wash:

Metal polish:

Not the best day for photos, dull and overcast, but here’s today’s effort:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2016, 17:49 »
An amazing job, real depth of shine! I really must do more work on mine, will look to invest soon in some more kit.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.