Author Topic: Interior clean.....and added exterior clean!  (Read 14411 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Interior clean.....and added exterior clean!
« on: 01 May 2016, 17:01 »
Been very pushed for time lately and the car has been sadly neglected as a result, but determined to give it a bit of long overdue TLC this weekend.  Today had an hour spare to give it a thorough interior clean.

Car was very dusty inside so started off giving it a pre-vacuum using my Metrovac Vac n Blo and using both the full size tools and the brilliant mini tools. Then cleaned all the interior leather with Gliptone Leather Cleaner – steering wheel, all seats, arm rests.  I normally use the thick cream version of the bottle of the cleaner, but a few weeks back I bought the Gliptone Leather Cleaner spray as was interested to see how it compared to the cream.  Very impressed, very easy to apply as it’s a spray solution, just spray on, leave for 20 secs and buff off with a microfiber.  It left the leather super clean and matte, just the way I like it. Leather cleaning complete, I followed with Gliptone Leather Conditioner.

Leather all sorted, I moved onto the plastic trim.  My favourite Poorboys Natural Look Trim Dressing was the product of choice for this stage.  Dash first - applied a section at a time on a WoWo microfiber, left for a minute and buffed off using a clean WoWo microfiber and a final finishing buff with a plush DoDo Juice Fantastic Fur mf.   Followed with the same process on all 4 doors and the B pillar internal trim, sides of all seats.

Onto the interior glass, vanity mirrors and rear view mirror – cleaned all using Gtechniq G6 Perfect Glass applied on a Wowo Glass cloth and buffed off with a fresh glass cloth.  Result – perfectly clean glass.

Finally onto the vacumming – Metrovac Vac n Blo used throughout car on all carpet. Mats vacummed and engrained dirt loosened with an upholstery brush and final vacumm then back into car.

The gear

All done!

Tomorrow - the exterior (weather permitting).
« Last Edit: 02 May 2016, 16:52 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Interior clean
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2016, 17:22 »
Like new  :wink:

Did you look into getting your dings sorted out yet?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2016, 18:26 »
Dam that is nice :drool:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2016, 18:40 »

Well I made enquiries with a few places - bodyshops and smart repairers before I went on hols, but they obviously want to see it in the flesh to assess.  And then the damage last week happened, but I might be able to polish most of that out.  I will be popping down to 2 bodyshops later this week, work lunchtimes permitting, and seeing what the PDR and smart repair guys say.  Will try to sort it as soon as I can but very busy at the moment so it's taken a back seat.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Xrayrapid

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2016, 19:29 »
That is a seriously well looked after car!  Sorry to hear about your scrape the other day  :sad:, hope it gets back to looking as good as the rest of the car soon.
Arrived, washed, decontaminated, sealed ..... Dirty again:
Mk7 GTI non PP, Manual, Pure White, Parking Pack, CarNetApp

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2016, 20:07 »
Amazing job as always Rebecca, you put my efforts to shame :cry:
I used my metro vac on my interior yesterday and it really is an impressive piece of kit.
Another great tip of yours was the Achem tyre dressing, brilliantly easy to use and a superb finish. Highly recommended :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2016, 20:08 »

Dam that is nice :drool:

Cheers lads.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2016, 20:09 »
That is a seriously well looked after car!  Sorry to hear about your scrape the other day  :sad:, hope it gets back to looking as good as the rest of the car soon.

Thanks.  :smiley:

Yes I'll be glad to get to get the two bits of damage sorted and back to it being dent and scrape free....until the next careless idiot comes along. :undecided: :sad:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2016, 20:12 »

Thanks.  :smiley:

Yes I'll be glad to get to get the two bits of damage sorted and back to it being dent and scrape free....until the next careless idiot comes along. :undecided: :sad:
It won't matter then, you'll be in that Up! we discussed :laugh: :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2016, 20:13 »
Amazing job as always Rebecca, you put my efforts to shame :cry:
I used my metro vac on my interior yesterday and it really is an impressive piece of kit.
Another great tip of yours was the Achem tyre dressing, brilliantly easy to use and a superb finish. Highly recommended :smiley:

Thanks Kalimon. :smiley:

Yeah, the Metrovac is a brilliant bit of kit.  I love mine, not cheap but quality.

Achem Hi Shine Long lasting tyre gel is THE best tyre dressing ever!!!  :laugh:  Knocks spots of everything else I've ever tried, and there's been a few.  :whistle:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual