Author Topic: Swissvax Onyx wax  (Read 14864 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Swissvax Onyx wax
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2016, 21:27 »
£795 for 200ml!!!!!!!!!  WTF!!!!

WTF indeed, but the 50ml sample pot is a mere £220 and you get about 4 coats out of that so bargain really.  :wink:  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 13 April 2016, 21:49 »

WTF indeed, but the 50ml sample pot is a mere £220 and you get about 4 coats out of that so bargain really.  :wink:  :grin:

It also states on their website its an affordable wax-no need to spend thousands!  :laugh:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 13 April 2016, 22:36 »

It also states on their website its an affordable wax-no need to spend thousands!  :laugh:

That's actually true if you compare it to some Zymol waxes with cost £2500 - £7000.  But even with those wild prices you get Zymol refills for life with some of their waxes.  So if you were a pro detailer working on a good turnover of some high end cars, charging £££ for a detail, and you only ever pay out for the initial first pot of wax, the rest being free, it actually may be quite cost effective over the years.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 14 April 2016, 17:55 »

That's actually true if you compare it to some Zymol waxes with cost £2500 - £7000.  But even with those wild prices you get Zymol refills for life with some of their waxes.  So if you were a pro detailer working on a good turnover of some high end cars, charging £££ for a detail, and you only ever pay out for the initial first pot of wax, the rest being free, it actually may be quite cost effective over the years.

I see,as tempted as I am by that I think I will stick with my Do do juice stuff for the time being!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 14 April 2016, 18:10 »

I see,as tempted as I am by that I think I will stick with my Do do juice stuff for the time being!

You can't get much better than DoDo Juice wax for the perfect balance of quality, finish, price, durability and longevity.  It ticks every box, and I have (and still am) been extremely happy with it for last 3 years, but like to flirt with other things and felt it was time to try the expensive stuff. But that's where it ends, I will not be going down the ££££ Zymol route, not unless I either inherit megabucks (highly unlikely) or win the lottery (even less likely since I don't actually do it, lol).  DoDo is always there waiting in the wings for when I have no more organs to sell to fund my wax habit.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 15 April 2016, 19:51 »

You can't get much better than DoDo Juice wax for the perfect balance of quality, finish, price, durability and longevity.  It ticks every box, and I have (and still am) been extremely happy with it for last 3 years, but like to flirt with other things and felt it was time to try the expensive stuff. But that's where it ends, I will not be going down the ££££ Zymol route, not unless I either inherit megabucks (highly unlikely) or win the lottery (even less likely since I don't actually do it, lol).  DoDo is always there waiting in the wings for when I have no more organs to sell to fund my wax habit.  :grin:

Looking at your car Rebecca, I don't think you need the mega bucks stuff, you are doing just fine with the "cheapo" gear! :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 15 April 2016, 20:05 »

Looking at your car Rebecca, I don't think you need the mega bucks stuff, you are doing just fine with the "cheapo" gear! :grin:

I don't need the mega bucks stuff.  I want it.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 16 April 2016, 10:57 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say typical woman..............but I wont!  :evil:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 16 April 2016, 12:53 »

From my time on male dominated car forums, I would say men are no different :tongue: :grin:

What is it with men and wheels.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 16 April 2016, 12:55 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 16 April 2016, 13:31 »

From my time on male dominated car forums, I would say men are no different :tongue: :grin:

What is it with men and wheels.  :laugh:

Haha, I would say you are probably right!