Author Topic: Swissvax Onyx wax  (Read 14864 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Swissvax Onyx wax
« Reply #10 on: 17 January 2016, 21:16 »
^^^

As this is my first foray into Swissvax world decided to err on the side of caution and get sample pot first ahead of shelling out for full size.  On the strength of it so far, I expect big pots will be winging their way to my house very soon.  Got sample of Best of Show coming soon and I anticipate there'll be more SV stuff to come.  :wink: :afro:

And agree - the smell is out of this world.  :drool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline hkp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 17 January 2016, 21:21 »
It really is good stuff... Crazy expensive, and I'm sure you could get products as good for less, but I've never heard a bad word said about SV, except the cost..

I think BoS doesn't last as well as some as its a show wax, but as you said, SV stuff is designed to be layered, so I tend to layer a tough one like Shield under a shiny one.

Unless you go for Crystal Rock which is both, but £700!!!!  :cry:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2016, 21:24 »
It really is good stuff... Crazy expensive, and I'm sure you could get products as good for less, but I've never heard a bad word said about SV, except the cost..

I think BoS doesn't last as well as some as its a show wax, but as you said, SV stuff is designed to be layered, so I tend to layer a tough one like Shield under a shiny one.

Unless you go for Crystal Rock which is both, but £700!!!!  :cry:

That's a good tip about topping off with Shield. I have looked at that.

I would love to go for Crystal Rock but it would end in divorce.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2016, 10:53 »
Hi,
I'm considering going the full Swissvax route including a professional Swissvax detail upon collection of my new Golf R.
How are you finding the Swissvax so far?
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2016, 11:29 »
My biggest complaint with Swissvax is its durability, especially if you wash your car regularly.

I collect my A45 on Friday which I'm going to coat up with a colour charged wax to see how that competes (DJ Purple Haze I think)

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2016, 12:51 »
Hi,
I'm considering going the full Swissvax route including a professional Swissvax detail upon collection of my new Golf R.
How are you finding the Swissvax so far?

Hi,

The Swissvax Onyx and Best of Show, are beautiful in terms of finish, lovely deep gloss and great depth to a dark paint.  The Best of Show just edges it for me.  And they are a dream to apply and buff off, easier than any other wax I have used.  But, here's the downside - it doesn't last much more than a month, and the more frequently you wash your car, the quicker it will diminish.

The DoDo Juice colour charged waxes, especially the Pro Editions of Purple Haze and Blue Velvet last 3 months and that's with weekly/fortnightly washing.  Best applied on top of a base sealant to further improve their longevity.  IMO, you can't do much better than these.

But, because I really like the finish of the Swissvax wax - I'm quite happy to apply that a bit more frequently especially in the summer months.

Exactly what will be used in the Swissvax pro detail?

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline hkp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2016, 17:07 »
I think the thing with Swissvax (and I'm only going on my own experience) is that they all: Smell nice, are easy to apply, are REALLY shiny.  As you spend more money, then they last longer.  The Crystal Rock sets very hard and lasts a long time, especially on a very clean base.

(and I wash my car A LOT - often twice a week).

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2016, 18:24 »
I think the thing with Swissvax (and I'm only going on my own experience) is that they all: Smell nice, are easy to apply, are REALLY shiny.  As you spend more money, then they last longer.  The Crystal Rock sets very hard and lasts a long time, especially on a very clean base.

(and I wash my car A LOT - often twice a week).

I'd better start saving for some Crystal Rick then.  :whistle:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline hkp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 11 April 2016, 20:03 »
It was the only thing on our old black GTD7 that kept it looking cleaner for longer..  :whistle:

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2016, 20:13 »
£795 for 200ml!!!!!!!!!  WTF!!!!