Author Topic: Advice for washing my Mk7 GTI  (Read 6908 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: Advice for washing my Mk7 GTI
« Reply #30 on: 31 October 2013, 16:55 »
quickly wash the car and keep spraying the areas you have done with the hose pipe to keep it wet, then drive a short distance to get rid of most of the water and dry the car quickly using a drying towel. :smiley:

Seriously Simon. I used to do that, but the crap off the road will stick to the wet car, meaning when you dry it, you end up rubbing it in.

You can virtually dry a well waxed car with the hose. Use an open hose pipe to "sheet" the water off the car, which leaves virtually nothing to dry with the towel. A quick spin around the block to dry the brakes, then back home to dress the tyres.

In the words of OCD Shelvey when we were cleaning my Mk2 for some photos yesterday, "feck the beads, it's all about the sheeting"
Seems to work for me ,the only place you need to be careful is the rear which seems to be a dirt and dust magnet, I might try sheeting method as my car is pretty well waxed and protected.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
Re: Advice for washing my Mk7 GTI
« Reply #31 on: 02 November 2013, 23:15 »
Interesting. Very hard water where I am.   Are you using for just the final rinse, or for the full wash?

Using it for final rinse :)