Author Topic: Flash rust on brand new white Golf  (Read 7889 times)

Offline N3uR0

• Not said much yet
Re: Flash rust on brand new white Golf
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2012, 16:28 »
Well after 3 hours of hard graft, I have got rid of all the industrial fallout off the car, I was amazed at how much there was all over the car!, I used Iron X everywhere, and after going over the car with a MF to agitate took it right off and I still have 1/3 of a bottle which should last me. (I might of got a bit spray crazy!)

After that I had my first experience at claying, which went well, but to be honest the Iron X got rid of most the gunk on there and there wasn't much on the clay. Then I Polished, Sealed & Waxed and here is the result!

Sorry for the quality, doesn't really show my handy work!

Here's a nice reflecting shot of the roof.

Oops its upside down!

What do you guys think?

Now as I type this it has just started to rain!  :angry:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2012, 18:03 »
I have a candy white GTI and am fanatical about keeping this fallout off the car. It is very hard to keep on top of but to make it easier I would advise a good 3 or 4 coats of decent wax (after you have polished it thouroughly) and to keep on top of it between polishes snow foam really helps loosen all these little specks during washing the car.

It's a pain to set up every time but a decent soak with snow foam every 3 washes seems to work well on my car.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline N3uR0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 11 May 2012, 18:15 »
Well I have used MEg's Gold Class liquid wax, is this enough to help with fallout, I have only put 1 coat of it on though, might go out now and re-apply more! lol

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 11 May 2012, 18:43 »
That's what I used the first time I waxed mine as I had some left I wanted to use up

It's not bad but it didn't seem to last long at all.

Last time i did it I used autoglym SRP, 2 coats of megs tech wax which is synthetic and meant to last better then 3 or 4 coats of poor boys nattys paste which is very good

The dirt literally slide off the car now.

If your car is clean I would say its worth a couple more quick coats of gold class. You will notice a difference the more coats you apply.

Also I bought megs quick wax spray as an 'in between wax' and it's crap so dot waste your money on that.

Offline N3uR0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 11 May 2012, 18:57 »
Well I think I need to invest in a hard wax to protect it better, any recommended waxes for the candy whites?

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2012, 19:22 »
Poorboys diamond white glaze and Nattys wax paste is what I'm using at the minute. Really good stuff.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 11 May 2012, 20:35 »
It's a pain to set up every time but a decent soak with snow foam every 3 washes seems to work well on my car.

Unfortunately, snow foam not an option for me; hosepipe ban prevents this!  :angry:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 May 2012, 20:42 »
Well after 3 hours of hard graft, I have got rid of all the industrial fallout off the car, I was amazed at how much there was all over the car!, I used Iron X everywhere, and after going over the car with a MF to agitate took it right off and I still have 1/3 of a bottle which should last me. (I might of got a bit spray crazy!)

After that I had my first experience at claying, which went well, but to be honest the Iron X got rid of most the gunk on there and there wasn't much on the clay. Then I Polished, Sealed & Waxed and here is the result!

Sorry for the quality, doesn't really show my handy work!

Here's a nice reflecting shot of the roof.

Oops its upside down!

What do you guys think?

Now as I type this it has just started to rain!  :angry:

Glad you got it sorted, it looks good...nice job!

I have a candy white GTI and am fanatical about keeping this fallout off the car. It is very hard to keep on top of but to make it easier I would advise a good 3 or 4 coats of decent wax (after you have polished it thouroughly) and to keep on top of it between polishes snow foam really helps loosen all these little specks during washing the car.

Yeh snow foam is excellent, messy but loads of fun....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #28 on: 11 May 2012, 22:57 »
good result there :afro:
shame the dealers cant be abit more helpful with these things though, there will be people out there not knowing these tricks which is a big shame.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2012, 10:12 »
thats some excellent reflection there in the 2nd shot

its hard to get that on a white car!

thats the thing that annoys me about my white car - its either really clean or dirty. waxing and polishing doesn't really add any depth etc to the paint either unlike a dark car.

white is great for hiding swirl marks and imperfections though