Author Topic: Water mark help!  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Water mark help!
« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2011, 16:05 »
Hi Nick long time no see;)

pop round and see guy and get him to run the machine over it with some finishing polish on a medium cut pad which should sort it then get it sealed up with some good durable sealant or a hybrid wax, couple of layers should be enough;)

if only this was the case!!  :sad:

had to remove about 20um and resort to using G3 to get the job done... several hits with that and heavy cut pad, followed by removing the holograms and swirls with a polishing pad and finishing polish did the job... took ages but I got there in the end  :wink:

two coats of jetseal 109 and a final coat of swissvax and it looks like new  :cool:

:shocked: woh!!! so it didnt give up without a fight by the sounds of it  :smiley: glad you got it sorted anyway mate and mr Horney is happy again :wink:
look foward to seeing the pics if any were snapped during operations :grin:

what swissvax did you use?

used mirage.. i like it and gave the bonnet a coat of that as a treat!  :grin:

nick will take pics I am sure once the rest of the car is complete... it all needs a once over but should be not much more than that!

hopefully  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

cool, i remember when you first got that and put some on my Audi up at No rice, hopeing to get some myself soon.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #11 on: 27 August 2011, 14:23 »
Well it's back and worse than before. :cry:

Onto plan B. Going to try a DA and cutting paste to get them out again and then taking it u to a mates spray booth on monday to blow it over with clear coat to hopefully seal it properly from happening again.

If that fails then I'll get my mate to blow over the whole car in a fresh coat of Neo Green.

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 27 August 2011, 17:03 »
Well it's back and worse than before. :cry:

Onto plan B. Going to try a DA and cutting paste to get them out again and then taking it u to a mates spray booth on monday to blow it over with clear coat to hopefully seal it properly from happening again.

If that fails then I'll get my mate to blow over the whole car in a fresh coat of Neo Green.

Nick

sucks  :angry:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #13 on: 27 August 2011, 17:45 »
Yeah just a bit, I'm well gutted. Got it on one wing top as well.

I think the plan now is to take the bonnet off the car first thing monday and get some fine wet and dry on it and take it as far back as I dare. Hopefully that will get them out. Then into the booth and couple of cans of laquer to seal it.

Also going to get a quote off Marcus to blow the whole car over in fresh pant as I think I might get it done anyway in the spring as it is stone ship city at the moment. I reckon if I strip and prep it myself over a day he can paint it for about £400. Should be able to do the whole thing ina 4 day weekend from start to finish.

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 27 August 2011, 17:47 »
Yeah just a bit, I'm well gutted. Got it on one wing top as well.

I think the plan now is to take the bonnet off the car first thing monday and get some fine wet and dry on it and take it as far back as I dare. Hopefully that will get them out. Then into the booth and couple of cans of laquer to seal it.

Also going to get a quote off Marcus to blow the whole car over in fresh pant as I think I might get it done anyway in the spring as it is stone ship city at the moment. I reckon if I strip and prep it myself over a day he can paint it for about £400.

Nick

this isn't a recurrance of the same spots that we had the other day was it? or is this new spots after a rainfall?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #15 on: 27 August 2011, 17:52 »
New spots after not washing it for a week, spotted them this morning before I cleaned it. They're in different places and much bigger. Really weird!

nick

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2011, 07:45 »
neighbour had the same on his green one, never cured it,

Wrap the bonnet maybe, summat funky ?

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2011, 18:23 »
neighbour had the same on his green one, never cured it,

Wrap the bonnet maybe, summat funky ?

Sticker bomb for scene points ?
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 31 August 2011, 18:28 »
Since ive applyed dodojuice lime prime via a machine buffer and then a wax, I dont get as much water marks.
Just used a wash wax shampoo and then megs quick detailer. No marks!

Never used a paint cleanser in the past (lime prime). I did use poorboys polishes and then wax but after a wash I got very bad water marks.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2011, 18:30 by Mr Blue »
:)

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
« Reply #19 on: 31 August 2011, 19:25 »
Acid Rain on cheap lacquer i reckon Nick, has the car had any paint? are all panels marking up uniformly?
Seen something like this type of contamination before, and turned out to be the brake dust off trains, settling on the car during the day, while parked at a train station car park, day in day out, lacquer would eventually break down, especially at high humidity times if the year...
I have also seen this type of problem, reappear after painting!! :shocked:

Thom