Author Topic: Water mark help!  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Water mark help!
« on: 07 August 2011, 18:26 »
Washed the MX5 today and ended up with water marks in the paint on the bonnet. The pic below is not my car but it's exactly the same.

It seems to be in the paint as no amount of SRP will even make a difference, tried three goes on one section with no joy.

Any ideas before I get fed up and get the bonnet re-painted? So so gutted as the car looks great and then the bonnet looks sh!te.

Nick

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Water mark help!
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2011, 19:40 »
Hi Nick long time no see;)

pop round and see guy and get him to run the machine over it with some finishing polish on a medium cut pad which should sort it then get it sealed up with some good durable sealant or a hybrid wax, couple of layers should be enough;)
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2011, 19:54 »
Cheers dude, think I'll give him shout.

How's things?

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2011, 19:50 »

pop round and see guy and get him to run the machine over it with some finishing polish on a medium cut pad which should sort it then get it sealed up with some good durable sealant or a hybrid wax, couple of layers should be enough;)

if only this was the case!!  :sad:

had to remove about 20um and resort to using G3 to get the job done... several hits with that and heavy cut pad, followed by removing the holograms and swirls with a polishing pad and finishing polish did the job... took ages but I got there in the end  :wink:

two coats of jetseal 109 and a final coat of swissvax and it looks like new  :cool:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2011, 20:46 »
Hamazin job Frankland :cool:

I honestly thought it was toast.

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2011, 20:54 »
Hamazin job Frankland :cool:

I honestly thought it was toast.

Nick

Turned Out Nice Again  :wink:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2011, 20:55 »
Indeed! Just uploading the pics of Marks Golf.

Nick

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2011, 23:41 »

had to remove about 20um and resort to using G3 to get the job done... several hits with that and heavy cut pad, followed by removing the holograms and swirls with a polishing pad and finishing polish did the job... took ages but I got there in the end  :wink:

two coats of jetseal 109 and a final coat of swissvax and it looks like new  :cool:

:shocked: woh!!! so it didnt give up without a fight by the sounds of it  :smiley: glad you got it sorted anyway mate and mr Horney is happy again :wink:
look foward to seeing the pics if any were snapped during operations :grin:

what swissvax did you use?
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2011, 00:36 »

:shocked: woh!!! so it didnt give up without a fight by the sounds of it  :smiley: glad you got it sorted anyway mate and mr Horney is happy again :wink:
look foward to seeing the pics if any were snapped during operations :grin:

what swissvax did you use?

used mirage.. i like it and gave the bonnet a coat of that as a treat!  :grin:

nick will take pics I am sure once the rest of the car is complete... it all needs a once over but should be not much more than that!

hopefully  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2011, 07:34 »
Got the same problem. Doesn't sound great  :undecided:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=202191.0