Author Topic: Recommend me a Dodo!  (Read 5933 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Recommend me a Dodo!
« Reply #20 on: 10 April 2010, 15:20 »
oki doke, i've got some megs applicators but they've been a bit neglected but i notice on waxamomo that they are washable, unfortunately i don't have the pack for washing info, any suggestions?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #21 on: 10 April 2010, 15:26 »
pre wash them in the sink or bucket with lots of fairy liquid to remove old wax and polish from them, give them a good rinse then wack em in the washing machine with a load of microfibres on 40/60 degrees NO SOFTNER full cyle on the machine and dry naturally :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2010, 18:41 »
Right then, my car has now arrived! http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=153525.0 and i'm ready to place my order but just been on waxamomo and PH pro is out of stock atm, but i'm considering going for supernatural after looking at the dodo juice forum and some youtube vids but the question is, is it worth the difference in price? it looks like it but could do with some expert input. :undecided:

The rest of the order:

Dodo juice Lime prime lite (or should i go for CG ez creme glaze as i read that 109 won't stick to lime prime?)
Chemical guys Jetseal 109,
Dodo juice Purple Haze Pro/Supernatural,
Dodo juice supernatural drying towel
Dodo juice fantastic fur buffing towel 3 pack
Dodo juice sheepskin tribble wash mit
Dodo juice finger mitt wax applicator for wax only as have megs pads for everything else.
Already got megs nxt shampoo to use up first before i get born to be mild, and i'm looking for some grit gaurds for the buckets

Any input greatly appreciated cos i'm ready to order, Thanks guys :cool:
« Last Edit: 01 May 2010, 23:20 by Jimble »

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2010, 23:23 »
good list mate :wink:

supernatural is definatly worth the money, i put a layer on my audi the other day and the finish is awesome imo :smiley: went on so thin so im going to get alot of layers out of it.

PHpro is also a very good choice.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2010, 23:52 »
Cheers dan, I'm gonna get a SN panel pot to try as it should last a fare few months, but after looking on Detailing world, some people seem to think 109 won't bond to lime prime as it's too oily, can someone recommend another polish/glaze as a first coat?

Offline Dahmich

• GTI forum regular
  • OH HI!....I KNICKED THIS AVATAR..
« Reply #25 on: 02 May 2010, 00:28 »
how about poorboys white diamond (for lighter colours) or black hole (for darker)??
If Jesus Christ owned a rolling road and it was calibrated and tested by the three wise men you'd still get some jerk asking you to back up your figures, that's t'internet for ya

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 02 May 2010, 00:31 »
polish: britemax resto max is an awesome polish

glaze:britemax blackmax pad glaze which applyed by machine on a finishing pad will give very good results, can also be applied by hand.
ez-creme glaze is very good and really adds depth to the finish.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2010, 17:16 »
Recieved my order this morning, took a little longer than i thought but the sweets cheered me up, thanks chris! I ordered two panel pots, 1 Super natural and 1 Purple haze pro and the thing that struck me was  :shocked: their tiny! i knew they would be small but i was supprised just how small, now i know what you're thinking, It's a "Panel Pot" what did you expect? but from the pictures online i thought they were about the same diameter as the full size pots just considerably shallower. My question now is how much of the car am i likely to be able to cover with each pot? or should i just pick one and order the full size one?
Thanks again chris :cool:

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #28 on: 06 May 2010, 18:56 »
Recieved my order this morning, took a little longer than i thought but the sweets cheered me up, thanks chris! I ordered two panel pots, 1 Super natural and 1 Purple haze pro and the thing that struck me was  :shocked: their tiny! i knew they would be small but i was supprised just how small, now i know what you're thinking, It's a "Panel Pot" what did you expect? but from the pictures online i thought they were about the same diameter as the full size pots just considerably shallower. My question now is how much of the car am i likely to be able to cover with each pot? or should i just pick one and order the full size one?

haha Yes they are quite small, but if used properly (put a thin layer on) you should be able to get 4 maybe 5 layers from each pot, maybe more. There small but they really do go a long way  :wink:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #29 on: 06 May 2010, 19:19 »

haha Yes they are quite small, but if used properly (put a thin layer on) you should be able to get 4 maybe 5 layers from each pot, maybe more. There small but they really do go a long way  :wink:

I got 4 layers out of my panel pot of Purple Haze - now I can finally crack open the big post I bought last year  :grin: :grin: