Author Topic: Rain X  (Read 5936 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Rain X
« Reply #20 on: 15 February 2010, 23:23 »
someone got a link to the carlack 68 stuff ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #22 on: 15 February 2010, 23:51 »
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-exterior/carlack-glass-sealing-kit/prod_348.html

Thanks mate, I was getting a bit confused, as I was searching for Carlack 68 and was always bringing up the results as the long life sealant.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #23 on: 16 February 2010, 16:56 »
I never got the chance to try out the Gtechniq products, fingers crossed for this weekend.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2010, 18:09 »
I never got the chance to try out the Gtechniq products, fingers crossed for this weekend.

i look foward to reading your findings Chris :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 24 February 2010, 05:02 »
Has anyone used Rain X on their side windows and can comment on whether it's worth doing or not? my old mans got a Volvo V50 with water repelling side glass and it works a treat, was hoping to get a similar effect. I've read some bad reviews about it on the windscreen which i wouldn't do anyway.
If not can anyone recommend a decent product to try?
Thanks in advance.
.........i used it on my windscreen once & it was sh!t,never again.
Candy White ED35.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 25 March 2010, 18:17 »
If you want that sort of product, then buy some Carlack 68 glass sealant. It's about £12 but lasts for ages.

It works in the same way as Rain X but is more effective and it lasts MUCH MUCH longer.

I use it on my windscreen and side windows. You will need to re-ally to windscreen every 2-3 months but it lasts up to 6 months on the side windows. Brilliant stuff.

amen to that

yep... car lack is the one to be going for... its a bugger to put on but REALLY and i mean REALLY works... after application you don't need wipers on over 40mph!

I use it inside and out on all windows... repels dirt on the inside and helps with misting issues.

glad this post has come up as ive been considering the carlack stuff for ages but wasnt sure if it would just be the same as rainX, my mate put some rainX on my front screen back in the autum and it was sh!te from the offset so i think i'll give the carlack a go:)

carlack applied today... man this stuff beads well

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 25 March 2010, 18:27 »
awesome shot Guy!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 26 March 2010, 21:57 »
^What he said! was a b!tch to apply?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂