Author Topic: WAX suggestions for my black golf 3....  (Read 5049 times)

kells

WAX suggestions for my black golf 3....
« on: 02 December 2009, 21:55 »
almost time to buy some more, up for trying something new
using chemical guys stuff at the mo, very good but on my paint it can be difficult to remove
so....

sugestions for a good wax for my black car

i use jetseal as my final coat,

must be easy to remove

what you lot think is good??

(im a huge fan of chemical guys stuff btw)

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: WAX suggestions for my black golf 3....
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2009, 22:04 »
I've used P21S in the past which gives a nice wet look but not very durable. Collinite 476 is an excellent durable wax. I'm currently using Pete's 53 which again is very good both in durability and shine.

kells

« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2009, 23:04 »
cheers

not really wanting to use colonite

whats peoples opinions on dodo juice

and the Pete's 53 is top of my list at the mo

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2009, 00:37 »
collinite 845 ftw!!! very easy on/off and economical, durability is VERY good. 845 is a really good wax for using over the winter due to the lower temperatures,it goes on like butter and cures fairly quickly even on a cold day, can be a pain in the summer though when its hot as it can bake onto the car if you dont work quick enough;)
915 is also a very good wax.
 highly reccomend dodojuice blue velvet or purple haze or purple haze pro which has more carnauba and some addetives from there red mist detailing spray if you want an uber glossy wet look finish:)
swissvax range is also worth investigating.
your better off putting 2x layers of jetseal on first then go over the top with your chosen wax.

your mk3 looks awesome in your sig pic :wink:

« Last Edit: 03 December 2009, 00:50 by dubplate Dan »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2009, 11:03 »
cheers

not really wanting to use colonite

whats peoples opinions on dodo juice

and the Pete's 53 is top of my list at the mo

Why not? It's a very good wax, and very well priced for the amount you get, and what you actually benefit out of it.

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2009, 11:17 »
i use Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax Blue its excellent stuff and very easy to remove plus it smells like bubblegum :grin:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2009, 18:39 »
i use Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax Blue its excellent stuff and very easy to remove plus it smells like bubblegum :grin:

i have this in my arsenal of wax's  :grin: and yes its very good.

kells

« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2009, 21:43 »
collinite 845 ftw!!! very easy on/off and economical, durability is VERY good. 845 is a really good wax for using over the winter due to the lower temperatures,it goes on like butter and cures fairly quickly even on a cold day, can be a pain in the summer though when its hot as it can bake onto the car if you dont work quick enough;)
 highly reccomend dodojuice blue velvet or purple haze or purple haze pro which has more carnauba and some addetives from there red mist detailing spray if you want an uber glossy wet look finish:)
your better off putting 2x layers of jetseal on first then go over the top with your chosen wax.

thanx for the big up regarding my mk 3 matey :)

the dodo juice is the one i was thinking about, which do you think is best then for my black paint?  its really hard to work with and thats the reason im not wanting colonite (i know its good stuff - just not for me)

at the mo i treat her to 2 coats of jetseal then finish with 3 coats of wax, am i doing this the wrong way round??

thanks for the reply btw :cool:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 December 2009, 00:57 »

thanx for the big up regarding my mk 3 matey :)

the dodo juice is the one i was thinking about, which do you think is best then for my black paint?  its really hard to work with and thats the reason im not wanting colonite (i know its good stuff - just not for me)

at the mo i treat her to 2 coats of jetseal then finish with 3 coats of wax, am i doing this the wrong way round??

thanks for the reply btw :cool:

collinite 845 goes on really thinly and is really easy to remove and it really brings out the glossyness of blackpaint and deepens the black but if i cant convince you on that :sad: dodojuice purple haze/purple haze pro, blue velvet/blue velvet pro, supernatural are all good wax's for dark coloured cars :wink:
poorboys nattys blue is also very good for dark cars and the durability isnt bad either.

your method is spot on sealent first then wax last and top marks for layering :wink:

kells

« Reply #9 on: 04 December 2009, 08:49 »
cheers  :wink: :cool:

willl look at the 845 again and the dodo juice,i had already been looking at the dodo juice, only thing that was putting me off was its fancy packaging, i often find when it comes to this type of products,the brands that concentrate on the product rather than blowing the budget on packaging are the ones that are best (yes i know this might seem a strange way to look at things haha)

wish i had a sample of each to try, the black paint on the mk3 is real hard to work with,jetseal is so nice to use but waxes can be difficult to remove (leaving marks where you have applied wax, hard to explain but takes some shifting to remove)