Author Topic: re2 - mk2 Jetta GTI 16v '87  (Read 9963 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
re2 - mk2 Jetta GTI 16v '87
« on: 12 March 2009, 12:10 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline re2

• Here all the time
Re: re2 - mk2 Jetta GTI 16v '87
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2009, 13:58 »
Bought as a doner for the GT and also as a track toy. Its completely standard and will not be abused but used! It will serve as a good tool to get back to form and improve somewhat before I get my Golf Syncro out on the track. A few cheap and simple mods and plenty of smiles for the money!

Offline re2

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2009, 13:59 »
well.....................ive got it now but what a journey!!!!!!!!!  its in good shape but the interior is nowhere near up to scratch (im looking for a jetta gti interior now - hint hint) but it runs pretty well. Theres a low end grumble and tickover and revs to 2500 are lumpy. This is my first GTI in 11 years of dubbinfg- why didnt i do it sooner?!!!!!!!!  All was good until 5 miles from weybriidge to Derby and the alternater belt broke. That then delayed us by 2 hrs but thankyou again to the rac! Then we hit queued traffic on the m25 and that took 3 hrs to do 6.5 miles! desperate for a wee etc etc. Anyhow we eventually got home at 2340.

Offline re2

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2009, 14:00 »
so..... the parts collection is in full swing

i have removed the knackered interior (which ill be using parts for the GT Special) and fitted a late GL interior./ This cost me £20 for the rear seat as im borrowing most of my brothers Golf GL interior

Im awaiting a pair of 14k powerflex bushed wishbones and rear beam bushes £65

Eibach -40mm springs, weitec rears and spax fronts with a years use £90

stainless powerflex exhaust (i mmight have to mod the tailpipe as it came from a big bumper model) £105

pair of cobra harnesses £60

Offline re2

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2009, 17:58 »
The suspension is on wirth the addition of front Bonrath poly top mounts. Still loads to do, but its had a damn good clean and I robbed the wheels from the Syncro. Ive also fitted the seats from an '88 Jetta GTI 16v (im looking for manual cards as I dont want electrics)

Here it is at DC09