Author Topic: Seat bolster collapsed...  (Read 5632 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Seat bolster collapsed...
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2018, 14:32 »
Glad you have got it sorted. I would contact VWUK still and inform them of the shoddy way the original dealer fobbed you off as they are $hit hot when it comes to customer relations.

Offline doc house

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2018, 19:04 »
They've repaired the seat but scratched the front wing, passenger door and rear bumper. Car has come back in a filthy state and looks awful so ****ed off.

Couldn't speak to the manager as they were closing but will be phoning in the morning.  :angry:
« Last Edit: 17 May 2018, 06:01 by doc house »

Offline doc house

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2018, 19:32 »

Handed back filthy  :angry:

With extra scratches and scuffs  :angry:

Not very happy at the moment.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2018, 22:17 »
That's not good at all.....!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2018, 23:37 »
Did you go around the car when you dropped it off? I'd be very cheesed off indeed
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline doc house

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2018, 05:58 »
They did a full picture survey of the car when it was dropped off, no marks and clean even the service desk person said "there wasn't any problems with it"... The service video they sent me via the VW app even shows it in a cleaner state than what it was handed back in.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2018, 06:25 »
@doc house, that’s pretty shocking for a dealer to inflict that amount of damage. Maybe returning your car dirty was a blessing in disguise though; think of the additional damage they’d be likely to do to the paintwork (swirls and scratches) with the grit-laden dirty sponge and dirty water their yts trainee would’ve used to ‘clean’ it! Hopefully the dirty state it’s in isn’t the result of the complimentary yts service wash though! - I never let the dealer give my car a complimentary service wash.

At least if they did a full picture survey of your car when you took it in, there’s irrefutable evidence that it was undamaged when you took it in, so they can’t deny it happened while in their care. I’d be wanting them to pay to have the damage rectified at a place of my choice, plus getting the car professionally detailed after the paint repairs have been done - a good detailer will be able to polish out any scratches that don’t ‘catch’ when you run a finger nail over them. Only the deep ones should need to be repainted.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction. Let us know the outcome of your discussion with the manager.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 17 May 2018, 08:26 »
How the hell did it get so dirty when only in for seat work that wouldn't require a test drive? Wonder if they made it mucky to hide their scratches that they're aware they caused.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 17 May 2018, 08:57 »
Does seem a bit suss. Was the weather during the time that they had the car crap at all? I thought its been only dry and sunny recently...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline doc house

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 17 May 2018, 18:59 »
As far as I know it was dry and sunny, the car went in reasonably clean, no water marks or dirt on it. So far it looks as if it will be sorted in full just waiting for the dealership to confirm a repair date.