Author Topic: P&S Bead Maker Paint Protection  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
P&S Bead Maker Paint Protection
« on: 03 March 2019, 20:35 »
Has anybody tried this product yet? Seems to be getting a lot of praise online at places like the Rag Company and Obsessed Garage etc...

Going to give it a whirl at the of the spring clean coming soon. Just getting all of the products together.

Rough guide

Adams Car Shampoo
Auto Finesse citrus wash and Decontamination
Auto Finesse Claybar
Machine cut - hopefully light
Poorboys Blackhole
Menzerna Power Lock Sealant
Collinite 845 Wax
Then the Beadmaker
GTechniq C2v3 on the wheels
Poorboys on the leather seats
and all the other bits and bobs, just need a few days off work bolted onto a weekend and a bit warmer temperature to be in the garage for long periods.

35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: P&S Bead Maker Paint Protection
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2019, 16:35 »
I'd spend more time on the polishing stage, rather than temporarily hiding swirls with Blackhole. It's a brilliant quick fix product, but has poor longevity, plus your sealant won't bond to it like it will to bare paint.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2019, 17:03 »
Thanks dubber, that’s great information. I will give that a go. Always helpful when knowledgeable people have a positive input.

I'd spend more time on the polishing stage, rather than temporarily hiding swirls with Blackhole. It's a brilliant quick fix product, but has poor longevity, plus your sealant won't bond to it like it will to bare paint.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2019, 19:27 »
I`ve recently started using Bead Maker, it`s very easy to use and it adds a bit of bling that`s for sure.

I`ve no idea regarding durability as I give mine a once over with Bead Maker after each wash.