Author Topic: Tell me about the Rear View Cameras please.  (Read 5394 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: Tell me about the Rear View Cameras please.
« Reply #10 on: 09 November 2011, 14:50 »
Can it be done on the Tig ?

Sure can mate Mrs Docs got one on hers, they are mounted in the rubber boot release button on the TIG

How much is it to have it fitted guys on the Tig?

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 November 2011, 15:14 »
About the £360 mark for the standard kit and £450 for the high version.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 10 November 2011, 11:05 »

Mkviken the RCD510 needs to have the video port on the back of the unit, if its not got that it cannot be fitted,

Darren

I'd forgotten about.

There used to be 3 models of the RCD510 out, DAB, RVC compatible, and plain.
Now by the looks of the VW site they only do 2 models.

DAB Part No. 3C8057195A
RVC Part No. 5K0057190

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 November 2011, 17:04 »
mines a DAB one

I'm thinking about a sat nab anyway so that would give me the option to get a camera at a later date
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2011, 01:02 »
Can it be done on the Tig ?

Sure can mate Mrs Docs got one on hers, they are mounted in the rubber boot release button on the TIG

How much is it to have it fitted guys on the Tig?

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1663

About the £360 mark for the standard kit and £450 for the high version.

Good value

Offline JellyCat

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2011, 19:43 »
Cool, I might have a look at this as it seems that sadly VW they don't do them on the Tiguan anymore.  Got a Tiguan the last week Sept (was an unregistered one in the show room, wasn't going to wait 6+ months for one to be built like the pain we went through with the GTi!). Q5 was a pain to park at the local station and the Tiguan is perfect size, not too big, not too small. Sadly it didn't have cruise control and looks like can't retrofit ones from the  tail end of 2010 onwards (VW have apparantly testing since May 2010 with no date when the retrofit will be approved for fitting. Nuts amount of time!!!).

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 19 November 2011, 19:45 »
CC can be retrofitted but requires a new steering wheel control module and the stalks (which now come as a pair) so the costs are much higher than before.

Offline JellyCat

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 20 November 2011, 14:43 »
cool, no worries about the cost for extra parts etc. VW told me there was a coding compatability problem they were working on which combined with 18+ months of testing and still not approved VW made me a little worried about going to an aftermarket fitter to get it done.
Noticed there is a company called Hazey dayz (vwcruise.com) who will retrofit the late 2010 models onwards, but another company (OEM Retrofits will not quote etc). Just made me think if there is actually a problem with the retrofit, or would I also mess up my VW warranty etc.

Has anyone used Hazey dayz from the forum?
Sorry going off topic a little here, but this is a big help.