Author Topic: Changing standard clocks (recode?)  (Read 5292 times)

Offline midnight

• Just got here
Changing standard clocks (recode?)
« on: 25 October 2014, 20:56 »
Hi guys, I have a 1.9 TDI, 1997 (S reg) I'm having an issue with swapping out my clocks. The car recently went in for MOT and I found that my ABS light wasn't working. So i pulled the clocks out to source the problem, and found that someone had pinged the led off of the abs, so I've had to source some new clocks.

The immobilizer seems to be linked/controlled by the clocks, so when I put the new clocks in, the car won't run.

What info and equipment is needed to recode the new clocks to my car? is it possible to swap the parts from one set of clocks to the other? I think the abs led pins are snapped, so can't be re-soldered.

Part number is - 1J0919931D

I'm pretty desperate to get it running asap as I'm having to use my supra as a daily to get to work, and it's killing me on fuel!

Any help is appreciated guys

Thanks.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Changing standard clocks (recode?)
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2014, 21:39 »
you need someone with VAG COM and CAG TACHO to get your clocks fitted

Wherabouts in the word are you?

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline midnight

• Just got here
Re: Changing standard clocks (recode?)
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2014, 21:55 »
you need someone with VAG COM and CAG TACHO to get your clocks fitted

Wherabouts in the word are you?

I'm in east sussex, bexhill to be exact, near hastings