Author Topic: MK6-7 interiors  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Deezla

• Just got here
MK6-7 interiors
« on: 22 September 2016, 23:01 »
Every car I've had has been a VW - 3 Sciroccos, V6 Corrado, an old Polo, old Jetta, Mk1 Golf GTI, MK4 v6 4motion, Mk4 tdi130, 2 x MK4 tdi100, Mk4 1.6

Every car I've had has had that great black matt quality dash and nice cabin feel to it. My first Mk4 was the V6 4motion. Leather Recaros etc and I thought it had a nice cabin because it was the V6. Then I got a TDI100 and noticed that the cabin was just as great (barr the Recarros). I love the Mk4 interior.

So I'm looking for a new Golf and have looked at Mk6 and Mk7's and I cannot beleive how plasticy and grey the dash and cabin looks? I haven't actually seen it in the flesh yet but can anyone tell if if they just aren't made like they used to be? Or is there a spec of interior/model that might be better? I'mm looking for a tdi 105 bluemotion and the cabin in these newer marks are really surprising me and putting me off.

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: MK6-7 interiors
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2016, 08:04 »
The interior of my mk6 gti is spot on in my opinion, i always preferred the feel of interiors like what cars had 20 or 30 years ago but i like to be close to whats happening, modern cars have distanced us with massive dashboards and sound insulation, etc. But the mk6 has a very good interior in my opinion, its good quality, comfortable, practical and i like the look of it.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2016, 23:10 »
Every car I've had has been a VW - 3 Sciroccos, V6 Corrado, an old Polo, old Jetta, Mk1 Golf GTI, MK4 v6 4motion, Mk4 tdi130, 2 x MK4 tdi100, Mk4 1.6

Every car I've had has had that great black matt quality dash and nice cabin feel to it. My first Mk4 was the V6 4motion. Leather Recaros etc and I thought it had a nice cabin because it was the V6. Then I got a TDI100 and noticed that the cabin was just as great (barr the Recarros). I love the Mk4 interior.

So I'm looking for a new Golf and have looked at Mk6 and Mk7's and I cannot beleive how plasticy and grey the dash and cabin looks? I haven't actually seen it in the flesh yet but can anyone tell if if they just aren't made like they used to be? Or is there a spec of interior/model that might be better? I'mm looking for a tdi 105 bluemotion and the cabin in these newer marks are really surprising me and putting me off.

I know where you're coming from. The lower spec Golfs are really quite plain and boring inside.The quality is there.Get yourself a Mk7 GTD/GTI/R and you'll see what i mean.They look so much better.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Deezla

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2016, 01:27 »
Thanks for that. Unfortuantely my days of having a Golf with a V, G or R in the version name are gone  :smiley:

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2016, 05:06 »
Not even a gtd, there must be more of them than all other versions combined.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2016, 11:26 »
I've had a mk4 GTI, a mk5 GT and a mk6 GTD Golf.

My mk5 IMO had the poorest interior of the 4, 5 and 6 but I think VW invested heavily in the ride and handling on the mk5, so less investment on the interior. The mk4 was my first VW and the interior felt special and very well screwed together, after coming form a Vauxhall.

I agree with Restlessnative; the interior of the higher spec, sporting mk6 and mk7 Golfs is a nice place to be. I really liked my mk6 GTD interior; soft feel plastics on the dash and tasteful trim inserts on the doors and dash and brushed aluminium interior door handles and trim around the air vents, on the light switch and electric window switches gave the interior a quality feel. Mine didn't seem to suffer from creaks and rattles either that some owners experienced.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2016, 22:10 »
Thanks for that. Unfortuantely my days of having a Golf with a V, G or R in the version name are gone  :smiley:

That's a shame. :sad:

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2016, 22:12 »
Not even a gtd, there must be more of them than all other versions combined.

LOL!. :grin:

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2016, 22:18 »
I've had a mk4 GTI, a mk5 GT and a mk6 GTD Golf.

My mk5 IMO had the poorest interior of the 4, 5 and 6 but I think VW invested heavily in the ride and handling on the mk5, so less investment on the interior. The mk4 was my first VW and the interior felt special and very well screwed together, after coming form a Vauxhall.

I agree with Restlessnative; the interior of the higher spec, sporting mk6 and mk7 Golfs is a nice place to be. I really liked my mk6 GTD interior; soft feel plastics on the dash and tasteful trim inserts on the doors and dash and brushed aluminium interior door handles and trim around the air vents, on the light switch and electric window switches gave the interior a quality feel. Mine didn't seem to suffer from creaks and rattles either that some owners experienced.

I wasn't sure i wanted another Golf.Snooping around dealerships (after opening hours of course).Checking out the Golfs on sale,they all seemed to be lower spec/power machines.Liked the looks on the outside.But peering into the window i thought,'jeez that looks a bit functional and austere'!.
Then i dropped into the dealership and they had a GTD in the showroom and i couldn't believe the difference of the interior.As you say,it's a nice place to be.I chose the 'tartan' interior which just makes it even better.

Offline rodd1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2016, 20:50 »
There's very little difference in interior quality between mk6 and mk7 gti's. Both very nice places to be and feel equally special. Mk5s are some way behind imo.