Author Topic: Free and easy map updates (usually).  (Read 11836 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Free and Easy. Sat Nav map updates.
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2020, 11:48 »
Well I’ve tried again and failed to update the map!

I’ve done everything as per instructions and it never works for me, it clearly isn’t designed for MacBook use :huh:
if you've got a Mac then you might be better off using the VW update program. I'm sure it does something different on Macs compared to Windows.

Ok sorted - VW program is the way to go with a Mac, Incredible slow even on a super fast connection
late at night is usually a good time. With the amount of people working at home I would think it may be slow at peak times. I often download mine during the night.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2020, 12:01 »
Ok sorted - VW program is the way to go with a Mac, Incredible slow even on a super fast connection[/quote]

Pleased to hear you managed to get it sorted. Even with VW Discover Care its not an easy process.

Can I ask what date map you updated to?

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2020, 11:20 »
Ok sorted - VW program is the way to go with a Mac, Incredible slow even on a super fast connection

Pleased to hear you managed to get it sorted. Even with VW Discover Care its not an easy process.

Can I ask what date map you updated to?
[/quote]

image url host

Offline ben1987

• Not said much yet
  • Everyone wishes they were from Yorkshire.
Re: Free and easy map updates (usually).
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2020, 19:35 »
I’ve tried this on my desktop, downloading it through VW’s program onto my SD Card reader and it’s saying ‘out of space’

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 June 2020, 19:43 »
Hi

If I am correct it needs 16gb of space. Normally there is a 32gb card in the slot which is sufficient. Is that what you have? You can right click on the SD card icon in Windows  on your PC (assuming it’s Windows) to see what space it has left.
« Last Edit: 09 June 2020, 19:48 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 09 June 2020, 19:48 »
I’ve tried this on my desktop, downloading it through VW’s program onto my SD Card reader and it’s saying ‘out of space’
sounds like you've downloaded the pro update which is 32gb instead of discover which is only 16gb

Offline ben1987

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2020, 07:53 »
sounds like you've downloaded the pro update which is 32gb instead of discover which is only 16gb

I’ll have another look tonight but I’m fairly sure I clicked on the discover update.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 10 June 2020, 08:56 »

I’ll have another look tonight but I’m fairly sure I clicked on the discover update.
unless your pc doesn't have the disk space to download the file?

Offline ben1987

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 10 June 2020, 21:45 »

unless your pc doesn't have the disk space to download the file?

It definitely does mate, I’m beginning to wonder if my SD card already has the update on?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 10 June 2020, 23:13 »
Did you use the VW program or just downloaded it yourself?