Author Topic: ...Also Bi-Xenons on dip  (Read 2522 times)

Offline rob66

• Not said much yet
...Also Bi-Xenons on dip
« on: 03 December 2014, 08:04 »
Where I live I have to travel down some narrow...ish lanes and this time of year is very bleak. I had an Audi previously with Bi-Xenon lights and had no issues when on dip. With the MK7 I am struggling to see properly on dip, the lights seem to be pointing too low!! Can this be adjusted so the dip light is higher?
Thanks again
Rob66

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: ...Also Bi-Xenons on dip
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2014, 08:14 »
Rob, as you know the headlight levelling on UK cars fitted with Xenon's have to by law be automatic so as to not blind oncoming drivers, so there's nothing you can do from a basic settings point of view on the infotainment screen, but I had heard of a few instances of Xenon's not being set up correctly at the factory.

You can (using VCDS), go into the auto levelling unit and perform a basic settings which enables the lights to "learn" its basic settings all over again, which might solve your problem (if they are indeed too low from the factory). To be honest though, I'd probably be more inclined (no pun intended) to go back to the dealers and let them perform the basic set up again using their VAS system under warranty.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline rob66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2014, 08:43 »
Thanks Sootchucker that was going to be my next port of call the dealer but I do find it a drag.
really appreciate your time
Rob

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2014, 08:41 »
You can also turn the nut inside, should be white, requires and allen key...
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline rob66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2014, 15:50 »
 :smiley:
thank you