Author Topic: 'R' Owners Beware!!  (Read 3185 times)

Offline GTD184

• Not said much yet
'R' Owners Beware!!
« on: 31 May 2014, 09:58 »
To all you 'R' owners and soon to be owners please read this link.....http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992265

I have not posted this link with the intention of frightening or worrying 'R' owners, which it may understandably do!.....the intended purpose of this post is to just to remind R owners (and GTI/GTD owners) that having a nice, powerful and very good looking motor has the downsides too in particular the attention from the less desirables in our society!

Enjoy your VW golf whatever the variant but be vigilant!

I would sentiment some of your thoughts as I know what you are thinking before the first reply to this post is entered, however, this is the society we live in and most unfortunately have to tolerate as the law of our once great land offers very little or no protection against these scumbags!! :angry:
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 11:17 by GTD184 »
GTD 5 Door, DSG - Pearl Black, Dynaudio, 19" Santiago's and a few accessories.......Collection 20th May 2014....(My Birthday!)

GTi PP 5dr DSG - Tornado Red, Santiago's and 90% Tints....Collection due 1st March 2017......"One of the last Mk7's" - "Cancelled"

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
Re: 'R' Owners Beware!!
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2014, 10:13 »
Link doesn't work

I picked up my DBP Gti last Friday some scumbag keyed the tailgate on the Saturday night whilst sitting on my drive.

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2014, 10:34 »
Yep, link broken.
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline GTD184

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2014, 11:18 »
Sorry guys.....Link sorted :rolleyes:
GTD 5 Door, DSG - Pearl Black, Dynaudio, 19" Santiago's and a few accessories.......Collection 20th May 2014....(My Birthday!)

GTi PP 5dr DSG - Tornado Red, Santiago's and 90% Tints....Collection due 1st March 2017......"One of the last Mk7's" - "Cancelled"

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2014, 13:05 »
Fairly standard MO for their kind now.  Get in the house and take the keys along with any laptops and such found laying around.

The trick is to a) get a safe for the keys or a good hiding spot and b) a big f*** off dog :)
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Bow237

• Just got here
  • MK6 GTI Reflex Silver, 18 Monzas :)
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2014, 13:10 »
Nicked to order...I know a kid that had his brand new S3 nicked from his house. Bastards stalked his place, he was away for the weekend, his sister was in all weekend, went out for a couple of hours came back and the car was gone off the drive! All other valuables were left in the house, as was another Audi on the drive! They only wanted the S3, never been seen since.

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2014, 17:02 »
Creeper burglaries are a big craze here.

Lucky I've a gun. And keyless entry.  :cool:

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2014, 00:03 »
It's really sad to hear!  :undecided:

If my front door can withstand 30 seconds of this kind of abuse - then my friend, Mr Beretta, is going to make them think twice about actually entering the premises - even if they subsequently knock down the door!  :lipsrsealed:
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2014, 07:36 »
My cousin Bryan confronted a burglar a few years ago with his high powered paintball gun, with point blank rapid fire shots in the face with around 40 paintballs in the space of a few seconds. The burglar's nose was broken and he got 2 black eyes and temporary blindness for his troubles. He tried to run off and ran straight into the front door frame on the way out and knocked himself out cold.

He definitely wasn't after Bryan's car though, he had an ancient Volvo 240 at the time. Even though he lives in a rough part of Hartlepool, he's never been burgled since.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 04 June 2014, 09:36 »
My cousin Bryan confronted a burglar a few years ago with his high powered paintball gun, with point blank rapid fire shots in the face with around 40 paintballs in the space of a few seconds. The burglar's nose was broken and he got 2 black eyes and temporary blindness for his troubles. He tried to run off and ran straight into the front door frame on the way out and knocked himself out cold.

He definitely wasn't after Bryan's car though, he had an ancient Volvo 240 at the time. Even though he lives in a rough part of Hartlepool, he's never been burgled since.

Brilliant!  :cool:
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S