Author Topic: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...  (Read 63520 times)

Offline Dec

• I live here
Re: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
« Reply #20 on: 11 November 2009, 18:15 »
Not much of an update, and no pics, but today I removed the glove box and wired my ipod in. Much happier now that its hidden away and done neatly!

Got a little list going on now!

Change Interior Trim
Wire head unit to the fuse box ignition live, or buy a can bus adapter (no ignition live on newer cars, its all controlled by electrics)
Re-wire rear speakers (currently on a standard amp but going to the H/U on speaker wiring.. crappy design)
Wire in my sub

Longer term..

Alloys
Coilovers

Offline MooZ

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 11 November 2009, 19:04 »
Looks lovely, Really much slower than the mk3?
Lifes a beach!
so you may aswell die in a nice Bikini!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 11 November 2009, 19:37 »

Probably not that bad really, but its a hell of a lot smoother, and quieter, so even if it was exactly the same i think it would feel slower. Planning on getting it mapped soon as my mate got his done really cheaply by a mate and he said the improvements are awesome!

Also booking it in for cambelt, water pump and intrim service soon. Done over 3k miles in this now... and only had it a month :shocked:

Offline bondbill2k2

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 11 November 2009, 19:50 »

Probably not that bad really, but its a hell of a lot smoother, and quieter, so even if it was exactly the same i think it would feel slower. Planning on getting it mapped soon as my mate got his done really cheaply by a mate and he said the improvements are awesome!

My focus is alot lot quicker then my mk4 was yet when your not putting your foot down at times it feels slower just because the smoothness of the derv power  :smiley:
Can cruise at 70 on motorway and it feels like 45-50 in the golf  :grin:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 November 2009, 19:52 »
I haven't done any cruising at 70 :lipsrsealed: but on the way to alton towers the other weekend, it sat happily and drove better than the golf did :grin:

Cruise control ftw!

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #25 on: 11 November 2009, 22:51 »
3K!

:shocked:

How on earth?
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 11 November 2009, 22:53 »
I do approx 500 miles a week regularly, and I went to thruxton one weekend to watch my girlfriends cousin racing, that was approx 350 miles. Then went to Alton towers nearly 2 weeks ago which was another 480 miles!

Racking them up for sure :(

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2009, 10:50 »
Got a little list going on now!

- Change Interior Trim
- Wire head unit to the fuse box ignition live, or buy a can bus adapter (no ignition live on newer cars, its all controlled by electrics)
- Re-wire rear speakers (currently on a standard amp but going to the H/U on speaker wiring.. crappy design)
- Wire in my sub

Longer term..

- Alloys
- Coilovers

Still not done anything on the list.. however I do now have a coilover fund on the go for when the spring comes :lipsrsealed:

Other news.. I booked it in this morning for a Cambelt/Waterpump/oil change on the 4th December.

And also got a parking ticket yesterday (when I was standing next to the car)

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2009, 20:06 »
Woo! Update to the list...

- Change Interior Trim
- Wire head unit to the fuse box ignition live, or buy a can bus adapter (no ignition live on newer cars, its all controlled by electrics)
- Re-wire rear speakers (currently on a standard amp but going to the H/U on speaker wiring.. crappy design)
- Wire in my sub

Longer term..

- Alloys
- Coilovers

Crappy wooden trim now changed for gloss black. Ideally want the brushed aluminium trim but this is so much better than the wood so will do for now!

Next on the list is likely sorting the rear speaker wiring, putting my sub in and wiring the head unit to an ignition live.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 27 November 2009, 09:31 »
Another pic from last night. Will get pics of them in the car when I get home later!