Author Topic: sending proof of no claim discount ?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
sending proof of no claim discount ?
« on: 08 July 2014, 20:03 »
How do you do it ?
Do i send all my certificate of motor insurance for each year to them ?  :embarrassed:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: sending proof of no claim discount ?
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2014, 20:30 »
It will be covered on the renewal you got for this year. Just send a copy of that.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2014, 20:51 »
Insurance companies are crap and are unlikely to send you it even by email on completion of the policy.  It's best to phone them and ask them to email it to you. They should do it whilst your on the phone.  You can then either forward it to the new company, or print it off along with your licence and post it to them recorded delivery, which would be my recommendation.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2014, 20:55 »
It will be covered on the renewal you got for this year. Just send a copy of that.
Thanks ill dig it out of the bin
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2014, 20:58 »
Insurance companies are crap and are unlikely to send you it even by email on completion of the policy.  It's best to phone them and ask them to email it to you. They should do it whilst your on the phone.  You can then either forward it to the new company, or print it off along with your licence and post it to them recorded delivery, which would be my recommendation.

I know, they should send you a no claim bonus certificate each year. Iv lost out on 3-4 years because i throw my sh!t away.  :angry:
You can pay to protect them, protect what , they need to share information :nerd:

Thanks for all your help.......
Say i lost all my NCB ,then moved to another company ,i could send them the year before crap and get my NCB back ?
« Last Edit: 08 July 2014, 21:09 by james2 »

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2014, 21:34 »
ask your new company to call your old 1 and confirm how many years you had mine did this no problem  :smiley:

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2014, 22:56 »
I just usually forward my renewal email on.

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2014, 23:01 »
Emailed admiral and next morning they sent me certificate.
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline kittie

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2014, 15:35 »

Flux refused this as proof for me for some reason. Then they contacted my previous insurer to sort it out between themselves and couldn't, I think because the previous insurer wouldn't release any details to Flux.

I had to contact the previous insurer and get a separate Proof of NCB sent to me. They emailed a copy to me which I uploaded to Flux and FINALLY it was all sorted out. Worth it to get insured for less than £200 though  :grin:

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2014, 18:42 »
I have not had an insurer yet who hasn't emailed out proof of no claims, 1st class post, within a day or so of requesting it (by phone).