Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529666 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #800 on: 22 October 2016, 17:54 »
I thought it was about time my lad learned how to wash a car, so under strict supervision and with lots of instruction, he washed the red Golf. To be fair he did a pretty good job. Not all that methodical, having to go over areas again, but on the whole, he did well.

He very nearly reversed it into my Passat when turning it around on the drive, but he reckons he could see how close he was and in his mind all was fine.

Did your boy enjoy it?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #801 on: 23 October 2016, 10:55 »
He's like every other 12 year old boy. He just want to do the absolute minimum, then rush off back to his xbox as soon as he's nearly finished. Like his lawn mowing. Too big a hurry to make sure the stripes are straight. So in answer to your question Bec, I'd say no.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #802 on: 08 November 2016, 16:18 »
Gave the interior a good clean today, wasn't too bad considering we'd been away for a week. All plastics treated with Poorboys Natural Look and came up a treat with a nice clean smell too. Dusted, vacuumed and leather treated with a Dr Leather disposable wipe. Next, all 4 wheels removed, washed, dried then their second coating of Gtechniq C2v3 applied so all good now until the spring. Went a bit mad and washed, dried and treated the black plastic wheelnut caps with Finish Kare Top Kote Tire Dressing! Last job of the day was to wash the black plastics at the bottom of the car all round. Once dried they also got some Finish Kare as did the tyres. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the bodywork done.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #803 on: 08 November 2016, 17:08 »
Went a bit mad and washed, dried and treated the black plastic wheelnut caps with Finish Kare Top Kote Tire Dressing!

I did exactly the same to mine recently, Watts. Also used FK Top Kote Tyre Dressing on mine. They look good when done, and set the wheels off nicely, especially if the tyres have been dressed too.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #804 on: 08 November 2016, 18:25 »
Went a bit mad and washed, dried and treated the black plastic wheelnut caps with Finish Kare Top Kote Tire Dressing!

I did exactly the same to mine recently, Watts. Also used FK Top Kote Tyre Dressing on mine. They look good when done, and set the wheels off nicely, especially if the tyres have been dressed too.

So either I'm sane after all or we're both mad :laugh:

I also thoght they went back on smoother too, probably imagining it... Pleased with the FK though, also does a great job on the window seals.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #805 on: 08 November 2016, 18:47 »

So either I'm sane after all or we're both mad :laugh:

I also thoght they went back on smoother too, probably imagining it... Pleased with the FK though, also does a great job on the window seals.

Ha ha, I'm sure the neighbours think I'm mad when they see the lengths I go to cleaning / detailing my car!

I really like FK Top Kote Tyre Dressing. The name is a bit misleading, as it is an all round exterior plastic and rubber dressing. Because it's a liquid, there's no 'sling' when applied to tyres. I find it has good durability too, especially on tyres.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #806 on: 27 November 2016, 17:01 »
Cleaned it again and gave it a full wax, except half bonnet, half roof and half rear, on which I tried some new Obsessive Detail products out.  Then it rained!

And some beading http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=157465.msg2553056#msg2553056
« Last Edit: 27 November 2016, 21:51 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #807 on: 28 November 2016, 17:09 »
Managed to squeeze in a snowfoam, wash and wax this afternoon. I think I'm pleased with the result but the light was going and I was cold so not really been able to examine too closely. Tailpipes and glass polished, tyres dressed. At least it should still be fairly tidy for a 500 mile round trip this weekend!

« Last Edit: 28 November 2016, 17:14 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #808 on: 28 November 2016, 18:04 »
^^Looks very nice.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #809 on: 28 November 2016, 19:23 »
^^Looks very nice.  :smiley:

Thanks :smiley: It is frustrating though at this time of year when you slave away beautifying and at the end you can't really see the fruit of your labours!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.