Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529432 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #610 on: 10 June 2016, 20:47 »
^^^ Cheek!  :tongue:

Did mine today.  Half hour speed wash - snow foam, 2BW and dry only.  Ready for body shop tomorrow.  Looking forward to next couple of days in a Skoda Fabia 1.0L  :laugh:

Rebecca clean  :wink:.........

That looks great for 1/2 hrs effort Rebecca. I think it would take me at least an hour to speed wash my car (so not very speedy!) and 2 - 2 and a half hours for a normal clean.

Good move on getting the bodyshop not to wash your car. I had a minor repair carried out on the bottom front edge of the bumper when I had my mk6 GTD and I also asked the bodyshop not to wash my car. They looked really surprised and said no one had ever made that request before. When I collected it after repair, it was covered in bodyshop dust, but at least the paintwork remained swirl-free.

Enjoy the Skoda :)

Thanks. :smiley:

The little Skoda goes back tommorow. :cry:  :cry: :cry: :grin:

I did like the dashboard stickers, especially the one stating it must go back in a clean condition. Their idea of clean differs a bit from mine.  I had to dust the media screen when I first got it as it was filthy, and then because I'd made a clean spot........ :grin:

I decided not to detail it.  :grin:

« Last Edit: 10 June 2016, 20:51 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #611 on: 18 June 2016, 09:47 »
What's going on here?
Has not one owner cleaned their car in over a week?
 :shocked: :shocked:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #612 on: 18 June 2016, 11:01 »
Yes I cleaned mine after collecting it from the bodyshop but it was an uneventful episode with no pics.  :grin:

Then on Monday I cleaned this off the bonnet. Grr, bloody gulls!!! :angry:  Boot supply of QD and microfibre came to the rescue.

Note that bird high in the sky reflected in the bonnet on the first pic - his days are numbered, lol.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #613 on: 18 June 2016, 12:23 »
That appears to be a serious turd!!
I always leave a wet cloth on top of hard bird sh!t for 20 mins or so before attempting removal.
I spend my working week scraping bird sh!t of windows :sick:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #614 on: 18 June 2016, 15:14 »
That appears to be a serious turd!!
I always leave a wet cloth on top of hard bird sh!t for 20 mins or so before attempting removal.
I spend my working week scraping bird sh!t of windows :sick:

It came off no problem after a few mins laying a QD soaked microfibre on it.  :smiley:

Car is currently filthy and covered in sand left from all the constant rain.  :cry:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #615 on: 18 June 2016, 18:46 »
Blimey Charlie Bec, you don't half post some shit these days
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #616 on: 18 June 2016, 22:22 »
Blimey Charlie Bec, you don't half post some shit these days

Yeah, I'm just full of it Simon.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #617 on: 22 June 2016, 17:03 »
Sealed my new wheels; 17" (Polo-size) VW Motorsport in anthracite, got tyres fitted (Conti Sport Contact 3), and got the wheels on the car today.

Not a great fan of diamond cut alloys, so was glad to get the Serron alloys off my car and something more durable on in their place. I'm really pleased with the Motorsport alloys, and those of you who saw pictures of my mk6 GTD before I sold it will know I like anthracite alloys! The Serrons, complete with Bridgestones, are now wrapped up and stored away.

The obligatory pictures; not great weather / lighting conditions today for good iPhone photos, so apologies for the poor quality pictures.

« Last Edit: 22 June 2016, 22:39 by Booth11 »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #618 on: 22 June 2016, 17:28 »
That looks very smart, the wheels really suit the blue!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #619 on: 22 June 2016, 22:39 »
Sealed my new wheels; 17" (Polo-size) VW Motorsport in anthracite, got tyres fitted (Conti Sport Contact 3), and got the wheels on the car today.

Not a great fan of diamond cut alloys, so was glad to get the Serron alloys off my car and something more durable on in their place. I'm really pleased with the Motorsport alloys, and those of you who saw pictures of my mk6 GTD before I sold it will know I like anthracite alloys! The Serrons, complete with Bridgestones, are now wrapped up and stored away.

The obligatory pictures; not great weather / lighting conditions today for good iPhone photos, so apologies for the poor quality pictures.

[/URL

Lovely looking Polo.  :cool: Like the wheels a lot, really make it special.  Much better than diamond cuts.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual