Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529889 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #730 on: 30 August 2016, 09:25 »
Hopefully will get chance to clean, or at least vacuum the inside tomorrow depending on SWMBO's plans (and of course the F1 is on as well) :laugh:

Got the car fully vacuumed and the boot and back cleaned with PBNL & AG fast glass on the interior of the windows yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. Just need to do the front dashboard etc today.

Sorry no pics as I didn't have time.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #731 on: 09 September 2016, 15:40 »
Not today, but earlier this week over a 2 day period, washed, decontaminated, machine polished, glazed and waxed my Polo GTI. After about 15 hours effort and lots of aches and pains, here is the finished result. Quite happy with the outcome  :smiley:

The sunshine shots;

The shade shots;

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #732 on: 09 September 2016, 15:57 »
Car went back to dealers for software updates this morning that they couldn't do last week. Again, they didn't wash it like I asked (I asked when I handed over the keys and also had my wo-wo hangar back in). I could tell they didn't wash it as the boot lid was still dirty when I went back to it!  :laugh:

After I got back home, I gave it a quick clean ready for trip down south tomorrow (had a full clean inside and out last week so wasn't in need of much):

• Pressure washer rinse
  • Snow foam, dwell for 5 mins and PW rinse
  • open hose rinse
  • Towel dry bodywork and glass (didn't do wheels)
  • Cleaned all exterior glass using AG fastglass
  • Applied gTechniq c2v3 to all exterior glass (sprayed directly on then wiped/buffed with wo-wo MFs)
  • Quick vacuum of carpet mats with dyson handheld/li]
    • Touch up clean of piano black/faux carbon fibre trim inside using PBNL & 2 wo-wo MFs (1 to apply, 1 to buff off)

Sorry didn't get chance for any pics. It rained a bit on the way to work afterwards and I am impressed with the beading of water on the windscreen (I also fitted new wiper blades as they just turned up in time before I left for work). Luckily it was 'clean rain' (guess the roads weren't dirty), as the car still looked spotless when I got to work.  :grin:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #733 on: 09 September 2016, 19:45 »
Not today, but earlier this week over a 2 day period, washed, decontaminated, machine polished, glazed and waxed my Polo GTI. After about 15 hours effort and lots of aches and pains, here is the finished result. Quite happy with the outcome  :smiley:

The sunshine shots;

The shade shots;

Wow! Stunning! Such a great colour and beautifully finished. Those wheels really suit it too. Great job!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #734 on: 09 September 2016, 20:00 »
Thanks Watts. It was a hard slog, but I'm pleased with the outcome. Not quite up to Rebecca's (Booth11) standards, but that's something to aim for next time.  :smiley:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #735 on: 09 September 2016, 20:29 »

The sunshine shots;

The shade shots;

That's looks absolutely amazing SRGTD.  Awesome job.  What a cracking Polo. :afro:  :cool: :cool: :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #736 on: 09 September 2016, 20:34 »
Car went back to dealers for software updates this morning that they couldn't do last week. Again, they didn't wash it like I asked (I asked when I handed over the keys and also had my wo-wo hangar back in). I could tell they didn't wash it as the boot lid was still dirty when I went back to it!  :laugh:

After I got back home, I gave it a quick clean ready for trip down south tomorrow (had a full clean inside and out last week so wasn't in need of much):

• Pressure washer rinse
  • Snow foam, dwell for 5 mins and PW rinse
  • open hose rinse
  • Towel dry bodywork and glass (didn't do wheels)
  • Cleaned all exterior glass using AG fastglass
  • Applied gTechniq c2v3 to all exterior glass (sprayed directly on then wiped/buffed with wo-wo MFs)
  • Quick vacuum of carpet mats with dyson handheld/li]
    • Touch up clean of piano black/faux carbon fibre trim inside using PBNL & 2 wo-wo MFs (1 to apply, 1 to buff off)

Sorry didn't get chance for any pics. It rained a bit on the way to work afterwards and I am impressed with the beading of water on the windscreen (I also fitted new wiper blades as they just turned up in time before I left for work). Luckily it was 'clean rain' (guess the roads weren't dirty), as the car still looked spotless when I got to work.  :grin:
Nice work Dave.  C2v3 is fantastic on glass and with your new wiper blades so should have wiper harmony.  :cool:

Looking forward to giving mine a good wash when I get it back from bodyshop. Will no doubt be full of dust. Horror of horrors they had to wash it prior to doing the work. :shocked:  I did give them my ok to do so, and they said they'd be gentle with it so not too worried as it will be getting machine polished in Oct at pre winter detail anyway. [/list]
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #737 on: 09 September 2016, 20:47 »
Glad to hear you have got the R in quickly Booth and it wont be long till its back to A1 condition again .
Meanwhile (and I am afraid to ask ) have you given the courtesy car a good machining yet or are you going to do the Amorak to keep your hand in ( although you don't need to as your car is always pristine )
If you are missing cleaning you could come to Bonnie Scotland ( Its been torrential rain all day today and the roads are awful flooded )and I will arrange two white VWs for you to do .
Look forward to seeing the car when its repaired .

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #738 on: 09 September 2016, 21:00 »
Glad to hear you have got the R in quickly Booth and it wont be long till its back to A1 condition again .
Meanwhile (and I am afraid to ask ) have you given the courtesy car a good machining yet or are you going to do the Amorak to keep your hand in ( although you don't need to as your car is always pristine )
If you are missing cleaning you could come to Bonnie Scotland ( Its been torrential rain all day today and the roads are awful flooded )and I will arrange two white VWs for you to do .
Look forward to seeing the car when its repaired .

West London is enroute :whistle: I'll get the kettle on :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #739 on: 09 September 2016, 22:12 »
That's looks absolutely amazing SRGTD.  Awesome job.  What a cracking Polo. :afro:  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Rebecca; appreciate the comments.

Looking forward to seeing your R back to how it should be very soon.
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk