Author Topic: Post count before selling  (Read 6012 times)

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
Post count before selling
« on: 18 December 2011, 10:48 »
may have been suggested before,
applying a minimum post count of say 100 before you are able to sell cars...
in the mk4 section there must be at least 10 for sale adds with people that have just join to flogg there motor's and thats on the 1st page,
would stop waist of time adverts,that contain "hi im selling my car and then a link to ebay/pistonheads or whatever"
may tidy up the sections etc
« Last Edit: 18 December 2011, 10:50 by bricey »
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Post count before selling
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2011, 10:55 »
been suggested many a time  :lipsrsealed:

all you will get is 99 " Welcome  " posts or similar appearing so they can post   :wink:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2011, 11:34 »
been suggested many a time  :lipsrsealed:

all you will get is 99 " Welcome  " posts or similar appearing so they can post   :wink:

still it will get rid of people that just cant be arsed to post 99 'welcome' posts
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2011, 11:54 »
may i ask why you have post ten times before you can send pm's
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2011, 17:46 »
I have mixed views on this - one way of looking at it, is people aren't putting anything into the site, just using it as a free service to shift their car so lets block them. The other is, well why not have more exposure to more VW car sales on here - all helps if you are looking for a car.

The 10 messages before the pm's work was put in for that very reason of trying to get people to put something back into the site. It doesn't work very well as Chuff mentions, it just adds more junk posting much of the time.

So there you go, fence sitting answer. :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2011, 17:51 »
What about using a system like the corrado forum, a mod has to authorise it before its put up?

Proper guidelines too such as following a template an pics of all items/vehicles?
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #6 on: 21 December 2011, 19:48 »
What about using a system like the corrado forum, a mod has to authorise it before its put

Hmmm., who in their right mind would want the job of being notified of those every day and having to check them before they can be viewed?

Proper guidelines too such as following a template an pics of all items/vehicles?

This might help though, with a clear statement that informs you that if the basics aren't covered then you run the risk of your add being deleted.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 21 December 2011, 19:50 »
What about using a system like the corrado forum, a mod has to authorise it before its put

Hmmm., who in their right mind would want the job of being notified of those every day and having to check them before they can be viewed?

This might help though, with a clear statement that informs you that if the basics aren't covered then you run the risk of your add being deleted.

Isn't that almost the same as someone authorising them before going live though?  :undecided:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2011, 20:29 »
To make it work like that would require a draconian mod/admin team, something we don't have (most of the time, at least) and the forum is better for it. Making it harder to sell items may get rid of some of the scammers and people that only want to sell a VAG car quickly and not partake in the banter. But then we may have lots more +1's appearing  :undecided:

I've thought of a good way to reduce spam and scammers, but it requires A LOT of work and co-operation from LOTS of forum developers and LOTS of forum owners/admins and possible annoyance of regular users, though unlikely to effect many from a single forum.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2011, 20:57 »

Isn't that almost the same as someone authorising them before going live though?  :undecided:

Its not great but it doesn't create a queue of ads that require human intervention before being listed.  The clear warning that your add might get deleted if its sh*t might make people think twice. There is no easy answer to this without creating more work for global mods/admin or having a 3rd party tool specifcally for classifieds.  It appears that's how some sites deal with it but it will come at a cost.  If people here want something snazzy then expect to pay.  (even then people can't manage it. eBay ).

If someone has something you want, but they can't put a simple, clear ad together for it, you're probably better off not buying from them anyway, its laziness plain and simple.