Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529364 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #2070 on: 20 October 2019, 13:20 »
Looking as great as ever! But a word or two of caution, your cleaning area/drive is looking so good it is becoming a distraction from all the lovely glossiness :laugh:

Haha!  Thanks, I can gladly live with that Watts!  :laugh:  It is such a nice space to work in!  But I do have to spend a bit of time at the end washing the dirt from the car off the drive,so cleaning the cleaning area! grin:  I need to upgrade my kneeler stool to a version with wheels now so I can zoom around at speed, for wheel work and those lower panels!  Getting old, and need all the help I can get!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2071 on: 20 October 2019, 15:18 »
No need to Kneel down with one of these. https://www.vehiclelifts4home.co.uk/product/quickjack/
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Last Edit: 20 October 2019, 16:05 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2073 on: 20 October 2019, 17:26 »
No need to Kneel down with one of these. https://www.vehiclelifts4home.co.uk/product/quickjack/

That's brilliant! The price is a bit eyewatering though :cry: I'll stick with a sore back for now :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2074 on: 22 October 2019, 21:12 »
Over the last 2-3 days, I’ve been getting my car’s bodywork ready to cope with whatever the winter weather throws at it; two bucket method wash, full decontamination (iron fallout remover, tar remover, clay), wash, machine polish, sealant, clean glass, dress tyres and exterior black trim, polish chrome exhaust tailpipes, vacuum interior and dress interior trim.

Paintwork Is swirl free and really shiny and feels super slick, so regular maintenance washes should be really easy. Just the wheels to do now........ :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2075 on: 23 October 2019, 05:22 »
Over the last 2-3 days, I’ve been getting my car’s bodywork ready to cope with whatever the winter weather throws at it; two bucket method wash, full decontamination (iron fallout remover, tar remover, clay), wash, machine polish, sealant, clean glass, dress tyres and exterior black trim, polish chrome exhaust tailpipes, vacuum interior and dress interior trim.

Paintwork Is swirl free and really shiny and feels super slick, so regular maintenance washes should be really easy. Just the wheels to do now........ :smiley:

You’ve been busy!  Sounds like it’s all set for the long winter months!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2076 on: 23 October 2019, 09:55 »

Yes I have  :smiley:. It was long overdue though, and I’m aching in places I didn’t know I could today!  :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2077 on: 23 October 2019, 15:19 »

Yes I have  :smiley:. It was long overdue though, and I’m aching in places I didn’t know I could today!  :grin:

Good effort there SR! Mine just had a wash yesterday but it did have a decon, clay and wax a few weeks back. Swapped my wheels around last week and cleaned them as best as I could since it was raining! Need to get them off again for sealing.

Like you, I ache after doing these simple jobs now, must be time catching up :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2078 on: 23 October 2019, 17:18 »
Speaking of aches.  My bucket dollys turned up today!  So that’s one less ache saved by not lugging buckets of water about. 

The Slims creeper seat turns up tomorrow!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2079 on: 23 October 2019, 17:31 »

Good effort there SR! Mine just had a wash yesterday but it did have a decon, clay and wax a few weeks back. Swapped my wheels around last week and cleaned them as best as I could since it was raining! Need to get them off again for sealing.

Like you, I ache after doing these simple jobs now, must be time catching up :laugh:

Thanks! I was lucky with the weather - pretty much ideal for car washing / detailing at this time of year; decent temperature, dry, no wind and mainly cloudy, so no problem with dried on water spots.

Aches and pains seem to be an unfortunate consequence of getting old(er) - my mind tells me I’m still 18-20 years old, but my body quickly reminds me that I’m not!

Speaking of aches.  My bucket dollys turned up today!  So that’s one less ache saved by not lugging buckets of water about. 

The Slims creeper seat turns up tomorrow!

I like those! I could’ve made good use of a creeper seat yesterday :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk