Author Topic: oil pressure buzzer  (Read 2682 times)

A9WYN

oil pressure buzzer
« on: 18 April 2003, 23:35 »
:-[ when starting from cold i drive about 200 yards the oil light starts flashing and the low  oil pressure buzzer starts "buzzing" switch off the engine re-start oil light extinguishes as normal then after about 200 yards of motoring buzzer goes off again checked oil level o.k. no sign of oil leaks decided to drive the car with oil light flashing and the buzzer buzzing after about 1/2 mile the oil light  extinguishes and the buzzer stops buzzing the car then performs as normal. while driving with the oil light flashing there ar no rough sounds coming from the engine which makes me think its  an indication problem and nothing serious.....i await comments  ???
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline black_vr6

• Not said much yet
Re: oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2003, 12:40 »
hmmm
hi there.i used to have a mk1 1300 i think it was.anyway it used to do something slightly similar.the problem with it was that it had been run on cheap oil and what was happening was that there,s an oil induction pipe which sucks oil from inside ure sump.the pipe has a wire gauze like material over it,which in my case was clogged up,which let some oil through  at the start but then as i drove it a little sucked the gauze up against the bottom of this pipe.i wonder if ures is the same and maybe as the oil heats up a little it may be thinning and letting the oil up through.best bet is to try a different oil switch first,failing that screw the sump off and have a look at the gauze on the oil induction pipe in ure sump
let me know how u get on there

Offline a9wyn

• GTI forum regular
Re: oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2003, 23:25 »
re-oil pressure buzzer problem has now been solved by changing the oil pressure switch...thanks for your response and advice......WYN :)