Author Topic: Just created a forum for a local car meet  (Read 2434 times)

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Just created a forum for a local car meet
« on: 06 February 2013, 19:08 »
Evening all just finished creating a forum for a local car meet. It's a fairly big meet with over 100+ cars usually coming.

Its called HomeGrown and is based at beaconsfield services. If you've ever been or live in or around the area then please check it out. Thanks  :smiley:

http://homegrownvags.freeforums.net/index.cgi
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Just created a forum for a local car meet
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2013, 20:15 »
Just a bit of advice, personally I cannot stand it when you cannot see and of the boards without being logged in. If it were me, I'd allow guest users to view some boards, but not all of them.

The simple fact that I cannot see a 'preview' of the forum (and I live nowhere near you), puts me off going any further than the first page.

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Re: Just created a forum for a local car meet
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2013, 20:39 »
Just a bit of advice, personally I cannot stand it when you cannot see and of the boards without being logged in. If it were me, I'd allow guest users to view some boards, but not all of them.

The simple fact that I cannot see a 'preview' of the forum (and I live nowhere near you), puts me off going any further than the first page.

Ye I've just realised that, couldn't tell at the time as I was logged in as admin. Will change that tomo :)

I'm not even sure if you can see a preview without signing up due to it being a free forum signup. I shall investigate lol
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D