Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 535482 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1810 on: 03 July 2018, 13:10 »
I've got a couple of weeks off in September and whilst my OH believes I'm going to be sorting the garden, I think I'll be tackling as many of these issues as I can with a shiny new DA (not purchased yet but I will, honest).

@Watts, Good to see you’ve got your priorities right. I’d always rank car washing and detailing ahead of gardening! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1811 on: 03 July 2018, 13:28 »
I've got a couple of weeks off in September and whilst my OH believes I'm going to be sorting the garden, I think I'll be tackling as many of these issues as I can with a shiny new DA (not purchased yet but I will, honest).

@Watts, Good to see you’ve got your priorities right. I’d always rank car washing and detailing ahead of gardening! :grin:

Easy for me to say on here, not sure how well it'll go down when she finds out :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1812 on: 03 July 2018, 15:37 »
Are people actually doing any kind of detailing in this weather? Both my vehicles are covered in bugs and dust, but I've not gone near them in this heat. If it's cool enough at either end of the day, I've been riding my bike, but a crash whilst racing at Rockingham last week resulting in a broken collar bone has scuppered that now. It looks like I'm finally going to have to teach my lad how to wash a car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1813 on: 03 July 2018, 16:05 »
Are people actually doing any kind of detailing in this weather? Both my vehicles are covered in bugs and dust, but I've not gone near them in this heat. If it's cool enough at either end of the day, I've been riding my bike, but a crash whilst racing at Rockingham last week resulting in a broken collar bone has scuppered that now. It looks like I'm finally going to have to teach my lad how to wash a car.

Sorry to hear about your injury dubber36. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

I’ve not washed my car for almost 3 weeks now, and it’s in need of a wash. All being well, I’ll be doing it on Friday, as the forecast in my part of the world is currently partly cloudy/overcast Friday morning.

We don’t have a hosepipe ban yet, but the water authority are urging people not to wash their cars, so I’m anticipating some dirty looks from neighbours and passers by when the pressure washer and three buckets come out!

Good luck with your son cleaning your vehicles. I’m sure he’ll do a decent job with some guidance and tuition from you.
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1814 on: 03 July 2018, 16:40 »
Good luck with your son cleaning your vehicles. I’m sure he’ll do a decent job with some guidance and tuition from you.

Hmmm, have you ever tried to get a modern day 14 year old boy to do any kind of job to a decent standard or even the best of his ability?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1815 on: 03 July 2018, 17:09 »

Hmmm, have you ever tried to get a modern day 14 year old boy to do any kind of job to a decent standard or even the best of his ability?

That’s a fair point. Maybe you’ll need to resort to bribery of the folding kind........... :whistle:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1816 on: 03 July 2018, 18:30 »

That sounds rather painful, hope it heals quickly :smiley:

Today was the first wash for about three weeks and it was gagging for it. I'd been away in it so two 5+ hour motorway runs and as mentioned, an rather messy bird attack. It's definitely too hot for detailing and for that matter washing but it has to be done!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1817 on: 08 July 2018, 12:57 »
So hot out there today doing a wash. Pollen free! (for five mins).

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1818 on: 08 July 2018, 16:09 »
Are you nuts?  :grin: :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1819 on: 08 July 2018, 18:17 »
Quote from: dubber36 link :=topic=274783.msg2592370#msg2592370 date=1531062544
Are you nuts?  :grin: :grin:

Yes.

How’s your collarbone healing Simon?  Are you clumsy?   :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11