Author Topic: noisey boot lid  (Read 1187 times)

Offline stu

• Not said much yet
noisey boot lid
« on: 21 December 2005, 13:00 »
anyone any ideas? got a 12" sub in the boot of my mk1 cab,it sound's great from the inside but naf outside,i get loads of vibration from the boot lid and number plate,will dynomatting help if so do you just stick it everywhere or is there a way of doing it?sorry for the long post but quite stressed at the moment  :undecided:

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
Re: noisey boot lid
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2005, 13:05 »
is the number plate screwed on or stuck on? Sticking the plate on with sticky pads should stop that rattling at least...

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2005, 13:27 »
firstly, if it sounds great inside does it matter? how often do u drive your car from outside it?

however, its possibly just the number plate as above. You can get sticky pads to stick it on with so that the edges dont rattle againts the metal of the boot.

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline stu

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2005, 13:58 »
thnx for the reply,sorted the number plate but the boot lid definetly vibrating,

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2005, 15:40 »
next trick, dynamat aside (although is always a good idea), check for loose fittings like wires and clips that could vibrate against the metal...

Offline vr4000d

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2005, 15:49 »
try flashing tape from a diy shop is a lot cheaper than dynamat and will be plenty good enough for 1 sub.

like others have said just take a look inside and see what could move and try to stop it.

do you mean it sounds bad when boot is open??

if yes only things that can make a difference is type of box.
position of box
and direction sub is firing.

Offline theviper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2006, 08:14 »
i had the same troblem in my MK2 Astra with 2 18 in the boot in the end all i could do is put a little bit of rag behind the number plate and after that is was fine from there on
Pete :evil: