Author Topic: Update from Milltek  (Read 5309 times)

Offline GrantUK

• Not said much yet
Re: Update from Milltek
« Reply #10 on: 30 September 2009, 17:38 »

Overall it sounds a tad meatier, especially 3k revs and up, but below this it sounds almost the same as the standard catback. No droning at all. I'll try and get a video up if I have time!

Yeah, fab, but does it make it go faster? Thought that was the point of a performance exhaust...

If I wanted it to go much faster I'd get a remap (although the bore diameter is larger I doubt it has much influence on bhp gain) To me, the standard exhaust wasn't as loud as I'd have liked so I did what I wanted
« Last Edit: 30 September 2009, 18:05 by GrantUK »
:: mk6 GTI, 5dr, Reflex Silver, DSG, Monza II's, leather, RCD 510, Winter pack, Luxury pack ::

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 30 September 2009, 18:05 »
Cheers for that grant!!

Would love to hear a vid/sound clip if you get a chance.

Thx

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 October 2009, 12:11 »
Price? bhp gain? And what does it do for your warrenty? :laugh:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2009, 23:34 »

bump

any chance of a sound clip?  searching around on youtube doesn't reveal anything for Mk6s, all Mk5s - which sound pretty good.

also hows it going with the milltek?  anything to report?

how much was it and how long to fit?
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2009, 22:07 »

bump

any chance of a sound clip?  searching around on youtube doesn't reveal anything for Mk6s, all Mk5s - which sound pretty good.

also hows it going with the milltek?  anything to report?

how much was it and how long to fit?

I had my Milltek on mk5 fitted at awesome gti they had problems unbolting it from the turbo, snapped 2 bolts and had to leave it with them overnight, great service thou they leant me a car to travel back to Hull and collected it next day after they had drilled bolts out etc (they said it had happened a couple of times very tight from the factory) no extra cost and a great drive back home filter, remap, milltek  :laugh:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 02 December 2009, 23:21 »

Overall it sounds a tad meatier, especially 3k revs and up, but below this it sounds almost the same as the standard catback. No droning at all. I'll try and get a video up if I have time!

Yeah, fab, but does it make it go faster? Thought that was the point of a performance exhaust...

then you thought wrong  :grin:
Golf R (on order): 5dr, rising blue, 19", sat-nav, ACC, parking sensors, Bluetooth tel prep, cruise control, Lux pack, storage pack, rear airbag/seatbelt sensors..........BW07 confirmed Can't wait!

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2010, 13:53 »
any chance of a sound clip? 

I know this is an old thread but thought i would update it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOSKce-0HW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqJTBeuZH2Y
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.