Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 10613 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: What to do?
« Reply #50 on: 31 January 2010, 21:35 »
I think I would be asking do you have any allocations to order a car otherwise you are wasting your time.  Most dealers cannot order GTI/GTDs at the moment as they have run out of allocations.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 03 February 2010, 16:46 »
Deal done. Managed to get my local to match the broker, well almost match the price.

Now the dull part of waiting until Aug for delivery! Which i'll probably hold out until sept for the new plates.  :cry:

Thanks to everyone that helped, especially Keelaw who pointed me in the right direction to get a decent discount!

Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #52 on: 03 February 2010, 16:49 »
Deal done. Managed to get my local to match the broker, well almost match the price.

Now the dull part of waiting until Aug for delivery! Which i'll probably hold out until sept for the new plates.  :cry:

Thanks to everyone that helped, especially Keelaw who pointed me in the right direction to get a decent discount!

Was that Caffyns Haywards Heath?

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #53 on: 03 February 2010, 16:51 »

Was that Caffyns Haywards Heath?

No Crawley called me back a few days later. As predicted by some on here!
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #54 on: 03 February 2010, 18:17 »
Well done.

Sounds a better deal than the one they offered initially.  :smiley:
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #55 on: 03 February 2010, 20:28 »
Congrats Squirrell anyway mate.  Hopefully VW will get their production ramped up a bit this year and you wont have the agonising wait that the rest of us orderers have suffered.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #56 on: 03 February 2010, 21:48 »
No Crawley called me back a few days later. As predicted by some on here!

Good things come to those who wait  :wink:

Congrats
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #57 on: 04 February 2010, 21:08 »

Nice one, glad to be of service.  Bill's in the post  :grin:

Noticed on another thread though that you have a 6 mth wait!  Man, can't believe its come to this...!!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #58 on: 04 February 2010, 21:13 »

Nice one, glad to be of service.  Bill's in the post  :grin:

Noticed on another thread though that you have a 6 mth wait!  Man, can't believe its come to this...!!

Yep possibly more going by other members experiences. They always seem to put the build dates back! Who knows, things might get better, but i'm prepared for the worst!

On a positive note i might be one of the first with the new 60 reg plate GTi's.

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #59 on: 05 February 2010, 10:38 »
I was offered a very good price on my part x 56 reg 3 door GTI of £10,000 back in September and also got £900 knocked off the price of a new 5 door GTI.
My 56 reg GTI was an import UK spec from a broker and I paid around £18,000 so I think I have a good deal.
When I got the car I had to buy a space saver spare as it came with a can of foam and the lights had to be reset as they stayed on when the ignition was on otherwise no different from UK sourced car and I even got cruise control thrown in for free.The dealer knew car is an import from the swedish dealers stamp in the log book.
STill waiting on my new car expected April!