Author Topic: Deep blue pearl.  (Read 7543 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Deep blue pearl.
« on: 25 December 2009, 23:10 »

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
Re: Deep blue pearl.
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2009, 08:19 »
First real-life pix I've seen of one of the exotic German colours - nice, but I can't help feeling it's one of those fashion tints that only look good in showrooms and on motorshow stands. Funny that the owner shelled out a fortune for the paint and then stuck with 17" wheels.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2009, 08:27 »
I have a Mk5 (awaiting my Mk6 GTI) in Laser Blue, not much different to the DBP, but it looks superb. Debated getting my new car in this colour, but not sure it suits.

Glad I went for Carbon Grey

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2009, 10:01 »
Looks more like rising blue to me?  Agreed that it's spoilt by the 17s. :angry:

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2009, 10:06 »
Looks good - but how much extra does a 'custom' colour cost?  I recall Audi being about £2000 or so.

Again... shame about the 17's!  Having said that, I don't think it would suit the Monza shadows too well. 
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #5 on: 26 December 2009, 10:28 »
Those exotic colours cost between £1500 and £1900 extra - absurd! The red calipers look wrong against such a bright blue. It's a Swiss number plate, so maybe the 17" wheels are to accommodate the compulsory winter tyres??

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2009, 10:33 »
^ Could be, and thats my thinking or like you and myself there not a big fan of monza shadows and will change the wheels at a later date. 
Yes its not cheap for the custom paint but its something you have to look at everyday, i would much rather pay that for paint than the VW satnav but thats just me.

TurboTrev : The colour of this one is Deep blue pearl as thats what it said in the title of the thread i pinched the photos from and it was the first post.
I was actually looking for other blues out there but stumbled across this one.
« Last Edit: 26 December 2009, 10:43 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline MEZZA22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 December 2009, 12:15 »
Correct me if i'm wrong,but in the UK,even if you were prepared to shell out extra for a special
order paint colour,you can't do it through an official VW dealer -but does anyone know if there
is another way of ordering a right hand drive GTi in special colour ? - I remember a company
called Ron Hodgson Cars who could arrange personal imports,in fact I remember them advertising
a MK5 Gti in Deep Blue Pearl once.Obviously there could be pitfalls when you come to sell an unofficial import,even if it was to full UK spec ?

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 26 December 2009, 12:30 »
Correct me if i'm wrong,but in the UK,even if you were prepared to shell out extra for a special
order paint colour,you can't do it through an official VW dealer

I know with Audi you can pay a fortune and order ANY colour you want from a dealer.  I think you can ever give them a code from the RGB values of a colour and they make it to that for you.  They advertise it in the back of their brochures!

I don't see why VW would be any different since its the same group?  Perhaps this is another one of these things that Germany gets and we dont!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #9 on: 26 December 2009, 12:59 »
^VW would not do it a few years back as i asked on the mk5. Only way was through an import company or buying it from a German dealer.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI