Author Topic: MPG is really low  (Read 1211 times)

Offline dr.gonzo

• Not said much yet
Re: MPG is really low
« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2009, 10:01 »
i might get this the wrong way round but the switch set to left gives live info. hold it to the left to reset it.
switch to the right for long term info and hold to the right to reset that.
switched to the right will give you an average fot every mile done since you last reset it by holding to the right.
when switched to the left it automaticaly resets for every journey made so you can monitor from day to day where as switched to the right just keeps going on and on until you reset it to start from scratch

Offline pauld_88

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2009, 23:09 »
tyres are fine serviced recently throttle body probably could do with a clean anyone got a guide on cleaning it out? ill run diagnostics on it some point this week!
www.m25dubs.com
Golf Mk3 GTI 8v - sold
Audi a4 1.8t QUATTRO (B6)

Offline spear

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 16 November 2009, 13:19 »
Good afternoon all

My 16v used to give me roughly 38-40 on a long motorway run with a few foot down moments, but since I've put in a K&N panel and added an extra air feed to the air box it seems to have dropped and now I get 35 mpg max!!!

Saying that it has recently had its MOT and the guy that did it said he had to adjust the front brakes a little so I wonder whether they may be rubbing somewhat.

I cant see that putting more cold air thorugh the engine would so noticeably decrease the mpg. ANyone else found this?

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
« Reply #13 on: 16 November 2009, 23:35 »
new plugs?

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 17 November 2009, 04:20 »
Good afternoon all

My 16v used to give me roughly 38-40 on a long motorway run with a few foot down moments, but since I've put in a K&N panel and added an extra air feed to the air box it seems to have dropped and now I get 35 mpg max!!!

Saying that it has recently had its MOT and the guy that did it said he had to adjust the front brakes a little so I wonder whether they may be rubbing somewhat.

I cant see that putting more cold air thorugh the engine would so noticeably decrease the mpg. ANyone else found this?

Means the engine will be dumping more fuel in to compensate the increased air intake.

When I got my 8v standard it did a good 35-40mpg on long trips. After a full SS exhaust system, air filter and drilled and smoothed box I was lucky to see 35mpg. 20mpg town driving.

:lipsrsealed: My tractor does 45mpg.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2009, 04:24 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.