Author Topic: ALLOY WHEELS-WHATS YOUR OPINION?  (Read 4186 times)

Offline adam20202

• GTI forum regular
Re: ALLOY WHEELS-WHATS YOUR OPINION?
« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2006, 22:32 »
u think that is safe enough to do arnold?
i have heard alot of good comments about this but would be worried it could damage the engine.

Offline adam20202

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2006, 22:35 »
so are these 18" wheels then arnold?
what type of car is yours because mines is a 150pd and im sure these sit lower anyway.

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 03 October 2006, 17:15 »
there 18's and its a gt tdi 130.

yes i think its safe enough to do because i am only going to fit the tunit for a short period of time, just to see if its driveable, my main concern is all that extra torque, i can spin the wheels now in 2nd and 3rd if its wet so with extra torque it will be a bit of a nightmare i think, especially when wet.

but if i'm happy with it i will buy the dual system because it is switchable, so u can go back to standard, and that will be better in winter and most of the time when my wife has the car  :wink:!!

Offline adam20202

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 03 October 2006, 20:21 »
sounds good mate.
i would really like to try this but i might wait a while and get more feed back from people

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 03 October 2006, 20:50 »
personally i think the switchable re maps are better idea because you can flick it back to standard when ever you like, so if you used it for 50 % of your driving your not putting that much extra torque through your gearbox all the time.

BUT if you had all that extra power at a push of a button wouldn't  you want it all the time?????

depends who you are i suppose!!!!
 :grin: :grin:

Offline adam20202

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 03 October 2006, 22:36 »
i would defo use it all the time.
no point in kidding ma self that i would switch it off! :laugh:
cant see you ever switching it off either lol

my car is in the garage just now getting the gearbox fixed and thats without it being remapped lol , but it was a woman driver who owned the car b4 i got it so i blame her lol.
didnt notice the problem when i bought the car but after giving it some welly i noticed the gears crunching but put it down to me not pushing the clutch down far enough but in the end the gearbox was fecked.it has now been in the garage for over a week "waiting for parts" so they say.im fuming :angry:.it better be ready tomorrow but i just have that feeling that it wont be.

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2006, 17:16 »
i know what your saying, but my wife has the golf monday to friday, and she doesn't need extra power, if you know what i mean. :wink:, and to be truthfull i only want the extra power when we go away with my mate because he's got a mondeo ST diesel 155bhp.

Offline adam20202

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2006, 22:19 »
well thats his problem  :laugh:
only kidding.
your golf should be able to keep up with it if you get it remapped.cant have a mondeo ripping you apart now can we lol.
go for it and let me know how it goes :wink: