Author Topic: Off side rear windown regulator  (Read 498 times)

Offline mk3shed_8v

• Not said much yet
Off side rear windown regulator
« on: 22 January 2011, 14:05 »
Right guys just decided to have a quick look at my golfs rear window which wasnt working. You could hear the motor going so the switch and motor both work. I removed the door cards and etc etc then removed the regulator from the car. The metal slide that slides up and down the regulator pole is slightly broken so it wont grip the bolt thingy (technical speak i know!) that is on the regulator wire? Can you buy new slides separate without purchasing the whole regulator? No local scrappys have got golf with leccy windows so couldnt get one. Thanks Dale

Christo77

Re: Off side rear windown regulator
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2011, 16:39 »
Hi.. you could do a couple of searches on this one, there's loads' of posts on the subject..
The window reg is a common problem..yes you could repair it and make do although it may still fail again at some point.
It's not just where it locates on the cable that breaks, the whole action wears over the years, the cable stretches and can foul in the reel housing also.

Offline Mike87Turbo

• Not said much yet
Re: Off side rear windown regulator
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2011, 16:59 »
In case you're interested, I am breaking a 5 door gti and could post you a reg. Inbox me for price/details.

Cheers, Mike