Author Topic: Boiled sweets  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Boiled sweets
« on: 06 May 2008, 13:43 »
detailed someones car on Saturday but felt as though I had failed on the interior as they had kiddies boiled sweets trodden into the carpet. Apart from 'picking' at them I was unable to make an impact on them

Could someone suggest what might have been able to shift these and what might have been the best method for removing the blighters?  :angry:

ta muchly in advance!

Offline Cornish Pixie

• Not said much yet
  • If I'm not on line I am polishing somebody's ride
Re: Boiled sweets
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2008, 18:43 »
Same as for chewing gum, if you can find a way to freeze them they pick straight off.

Ice cube will work quite well.

There are chewing gum removing solutions and sprays available that do the freezing for you.

If it just the left over sticky mess, some time you can get it off with a strong MPC mix or even some TFR.   
« Last Edit: 06 May 2008, 18:45 by Cornish Pixie »
www.kcpv.co.uk
www.karlssoncollins.com

Professional Valeting And Detailing

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2008, 20:26 »
Same as for chewing gum, if you can find a way to freeze them they pick straight off.

Ice cube will work quite well.

There are chewing gum removing solutions and sprays available that do the freezing for you.

If it just the left over sticky mess, some time you can get it off with a strong MPC mix or even some TFR.   

freezing! of course! doh!

thank you!

Offline Cav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2008, 21:03 »
Turn a can of compressed air up side down and it will shoot a sub zero (don;t aim it at your hand.. as you will freeze it haha) liquid that will freeze it in 3-4 seconds. job done. Also it won;t leave it wet or leave anything harmful to the cloth etc.

PureDetail.co.uk

Offline Gloves88

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2008, 13:32 »
Turn a can of compressed air up side down and it will shoot a sub zero (don;t aim it at your hand.. as you will freeze it haha) liquid that will freeze it in 3-4 seconds. job done. Also it won;t leave it wet or leave anything harmful to the cloth etc.

That is really very clever  :cool: