Author Topic: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )  (Read 10165 times)

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
Re: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )
« Reply #20 on: 11 January 2019, 10:19 »
Thanks for the KM, Will let you know hopefully this weekend as I continued the search..........

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2019, 22:51 »
Had  a call from VW today they have.managed to source a deep black 3 door PP only issue it has parker alloys but they said they can fit the 19" brascias which alloys re due to arrive in the next few days. Just a quick question does the tracking need to be adjusted or is it a straight remove and fit process of the 19s?

Thanks everyone

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2019, 09:48 »
Had  a call from VW today they have.managed to source a deep black 3 door PP only issue it has parker alloys but they said they can fit the 19" brascias which alloys re due to arrive in the next few days. Just a quick question does the tracking need to be adjusted or is it a straight remove and fit process of the 19s?

Thanks everyone

Are they swapping the wheels from an in stock showroom car?

Yes, the wheels are a straight swap, nothing needs to changed or adjusted.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 10 March 2019, 10:21 »
Morning Exonian

yes a straight swap. The wheels are arriving before the car all brand new etc, hope they don't fluff anything up by scratching them when they get fitted, but Im sure it will be fine, looking forward to end of the month, oh and of course Mothers day!!! :cool:

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2019, 10:46 »
Not sure if it will make any difference but it may be worth checking your insurance is still valid as potentially (in some insurers eyes) it will have been “modified” from its original ordered spec. The term modified is very vague and it’s interpretation is not the same from insurer to insurer.
I checked with my insurer because I went a bit mad with the options and had concerns that they would say the car was potentially a bigger risk with all the extras and use this to worm their way out of any claims. There policy was it was fine as long as everything was factory ordered and fitted so therefore unmodified. They were more concerned with aftermarket Alloys, exhausts re maps etc.
But be warned they are not all the same !!

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 10 March 2019, 10:52 »
Thanks for that

Will contact my insurers later or tomorrow. Sounds a bit strange as if I was purchasig the car with 19" alloys fitted would it make much of a difference in comparison to 18" set up?

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 10 March 2019, 10:55 »

Thanks everyone

Are they swapping the wheels from an in stock showroom car?

Yes, the wheels are a straight swap, nothing needs to changed or adjusted.

Speedo will be out a little though, swapping for larger sized wheels will have an effect.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 10 March 2019, 11:04 »
Thanks Clarky, didn't know about the speedo having any issues?, will speak to the dealer tomorrow

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 10 March 2019, 11:21 »
Thanks Clarky, didn't know about the speedo having any issues?, will speak to the dealer tomorrow

The Speedo differences will be tiny, no more significant than the difference between any given wheel and tyre with a full 7 or8mm tread vs same where the tyre has worn down to 2mm tread. I doubt VW give a different Speedo calibration between a GTD/GTI/R on 18 or 19" wheels. The larger diameter wheel is approximately counteracted  by the correspondingly smaller profile of the tyre.

There's half a percent between the diameter of a 225/40 on an 18" wheel and a 225/35 on a 19" wheel and 1.5% between a 225/40 on an 18" wheel and a 235/35 on a 19" wheel.

I would not worry about it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 10 March 2019, 13:20 »
Thanks for the Advice Monkey and everyone else

Looking forward to getting the car by the end of the month as been driving the R32 for nearly 14 years now so looking forward to change, not sure what the VW Golf GTI will be like in another 14 years !! haha