Author Topic: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!  (Read 14528 times)

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!
« Reply #30 on: 07 January 2019, 10:20 »
Interesting, I thought it was just the three extra things they'd added (keyless, lane assist/sign recognition and rear camera)

From elsewhere on here:

You can tell if your car has dynamic light assist by the fact that when low beams are on, all 4 headlights are on (both the inners and the outers on both sides). Without DLA, only the outside headlamp units on each side are functional on low beam.

So it might be more than just the camera missing... that will indicate if you have the light units that are part of the system.

Effectively DLA keeps main beam on all of the time, then masks out oncoming traffic (with varying degrees of success).

I used to have the old automatic main beam system (on a Mk7). It was less high tech but also not exactly great, blinding people all over the place probably, particularly lorries on dual carriageways or motorways - the central reservations masks their lights, which means my car can't "see" the lights of the oncoming traffic but the driver can see mine...

The other slight issue is that you need to turn it on manually each time you start driving - its only automatic after you switch it on... in the end I rarely switched it on.

For all of these reasons and more, I didn't pay £650 for it on my Mk7.5....

As a freebie, like all of the other freebies on MY19... I'm meh about them all :-)

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 07 January 2019, 12:47 »
Just so you are aware, this is what the front camera assembly looks like in my 2018 GTI fitted with DLA (also with traffic sign recognition, side assist and rear assist).

Thanks for that, mine is certainly different and the camera is missing. I see mine's also sporting the cost-cutting 'framed' MY19 rear view mirror that was spotted over on VWROC on some MY19 R's.  :rolleyes:

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds, and also how many other MY19 cars are out there without the camera.  :huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #32 on: 07 January 2019, 12:55 »
Ooooh sounds like another #foglightgate...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 07 January 2019, 14:56 »
Just so you are aware, this is what the front camera assembly looks like in my 2018 GTI fitted with DLA (also with traffic sign recognition, side assist and rear assist).

Thanks for that, mine is certainly different and the camera is missing. I see mine's also sporting the cost-cutting 'framed' MY19 rear view mirror that was spotted over on VWROC on some MY19 R's.  :rolleyes:

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds, and also how many other MY19 cars are out there without the camera.  :huh:

Only had mine now just over a week and i have neither the camera nor keyless.  Didn't want the keyless but the camera might have been handy.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 10 January 2019, 18:16 »
Update from the dealer, and it's a good result...

They checked the 3 other MY19 GTI performances they received, and all of them have Keyless and the Rear Camera, as expected, but the camera (for Lane assist, light assist and traffic sign recognition) is also missing like it is on mine. They queried with VW to double check all the cars are MY19, VW confirmed the MY19 spec/engine (also confirmed today when I received my V5 with the 140g emissions), so it's a mess-up at VW. VWUK are blaming the build date versus when the new spec was actually confirmed, because apparently there were several configurations that might have become standard for MY19, so it is likely that only Keyless & the RVC were expected to be standard when mine (and the others) was built. One thing's for certain, this could be an issue for many MY19 GTIPP & R cars out there that were built in Oct Nov or early Dec, because it was only from the second week of December that the final specs were confirmed.

Anyway, with all that in mind they are going to refund me £650 (the cost of the option if it wasn't standard), which I am more than happy with.  :cool:
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 18:18 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 10 January 2019, 20:48 »
Great result, well done.So it seems only December built cars have the full MY19 spec.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 10 January 2019, 22:38 »
My dealer advises the updated MY19 spec comes with the approx £550 increase in list price. No?
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 10 January 2019, 22:46 »
My dealer advises the updated MY19 spec comes with the approx £550 increase in list price. No?

For the 5DR DSG Performance:
MY18 - £31,755 OTR
MY19 - £32,480 OTR - but MY19 comes as standard with Keyless (normally £375), Lane Assist with Dynamic, Light Assist including, Traffic Sign Recognition (normally £650), and Rear-view camera (normally £340).
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 22:49 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 11 January 2019, 10:28 »
So it seems only December built cars have the full MY19 spec.
Given what my dealer has discovered, it's not quite as straight forward as that. Any car that was built before the second week of December might have the item missing.

If you ordered from the 19th of December then you will 100% get all the options (although still worth double checkin!), however if you ordered a MY19 before then and/or your car was built in Oct/Nov or Dec 2019 then there's a chance you may have the option missing.

I'm happy though because the money I'm getting bac for the Lane Assist will help pay for the full detail & ceramic coating it's goes in for on Monday.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 11 January 2019, 11:57 »
Given what my dealer has discovered, it's not quite as straight forward as that. Any car that was built before the second week of December might have the item missing.

If you ordered from the 19th of December then you will 100% get all the options (although still worth double checkin!), however if you ordered a MY19 before then and/or your car was built in Oct/Nov or Dec 2019 then there's a chance you may have the option missing.

I'm happy though because the money I'm getting bac for the Lane Assist will help pay for the full detail & ceramic coating it's goes in for on Monday.  :smiley:

My car was built in October and non of the new standard items on MY19 are on mine.

Not that it's an issue as i'd rather not have keyless entry for obvious reasons and since its a hatchback its a doddle to park without requiring a rearview camera compared to the A4 i had previous
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue