Author Topic: EDITION 30 BLUEFIN  (Read 6693 times)

Peskarik

Re: EDITION 30 BLUEFIN
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2007, 17:43 »

Don't suppose you can post their URL ?

Here you go:

http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/bb2004/index.php

COuld you do me a favour and remove that disgusting picture?  :sick: :sick:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #11 on: 08 June 2007, 18:30 »

Here you go:

Thanks

What pic??
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Peskarik

« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2007, 19:15 »
The pic of naked hairy dude in your signature.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2007, 20:23 »
The pic of naked hairy dude in your signature.

....But how do you know that the pic isn't of T_T? He might take your post very personally.  :grin: :wink:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2007, 21:05 »

Here you go:

Thanks

What pic??

To be honest... it is quite disgusting.  Make's me want to  :sick: 
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2007, 21:10 »
Our lass has just come in and asked me what the hell im looking at.  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 09 June 2007, 00:09 »
I think someone needs to get to their local beautician for a 'back, sack and crack' wax   :laugh:
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline bmx

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 10 June 2007, 07:35 »
ive had the bluefin fitted for a couple of weeks now. i recon its the best remap ive ever had.

fuel consumption for the weekly commute into town and around the village is still 29.5 exactly the same as it was before.

the car is very much the same until 3000rpm

from 3 to 6500 rpm its a beast,and the chassis handles it really well absolutely no torque steer.

wheel spin in the dry, in 1st is obviously going to happen and does if you want it to.

2nd gear is ok maybe a slight twitch if its going up a hill etc.

all in all the power delivery is very friendly, but man is it rapid  :evil:

very simple to install, good quick delivery, cant say anything negative

anyone thinking of it, go for it you wont be dissapointed

Peskarik

« Reply #18 on: 10 June 2007, 09:30 »
ive had the bluefin fitted for a couple of weeks now. i recon its the best remap ive ever had.

fuel consumption for the weekly commute into town and around the village is still 29.5 exactly the same as it was before.

the car is very much the same until 3000rpm

from 3 to 6500 rpm its a beast,and the chassis handles it really well absolutely no torque steer.

wheel spin in the dry, in 1st is obviously going to happen and does if you want it to.

2nd gear is ok maybe a slight twitch if its going up a hill etc.

all in all the power delivery is very friendly, but man is it rapid  :evil:

very simple to install, good quick delivery, cant say anything negative

anyone thinking of it, go for it you wont be dissapointed

People using BLuefin, think about this:

Ed.30 has the same intercooler as normal GTI. S3, which has donated the engine to Ed.30 uses a bigger intercooler, and that only with 265hp!

And now with 300hp your engine and turbo are running quite a bunch hotter.

Maybe, for your own good, you should give some thought to a new, bigger intercooler and maybe an exhaust system with large bore downpipe.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #19 on: 10 June 2007, 10:29 »
People using BLuefin, think about this:

Ed.30 has the same intercooler as normal GTI. S3, which has donated the engine to Ed.30 uses a bigger intercooler, and that only with 265hp!

And now with 300hp your engine and turbo are running quite a bunch hotter.

Maybe, for your own good, you should give some thought to a new, bigger intercooler and maybe an exhaust system with large bore downpipe.

....I'd like to quote Mike from Forge (USA) commenting about our stock intercoolers on the 'standard' GTI:

"The stock intercooler IS, indeed, very efficient. Given it's poor placement, however.

It is very effective at cooling the charge pressure to a given degree, but it's placement obviously leaves room for improvement.

There has been testing done, however, and I wish I had the data handy, but I don't, that shows the stock intercooler has the thermal capacity to allow charge pressure temperatures to be cooled to as low as ambient under certain conditions. This is VERY effective by ANY intercooler's standards.

If, for example, the stock intercooler, were removed from it's current placement between the radiator and AC condenser, and moved to the front of the AC condenser altogether, it's thermal efficiency would likely improve, but only to a degree.

If our kit, is used for example, and a second core is added, adding to the thermal capacity of the stock unit, it's efficiency, again improves, to a degree.

Lastly, replacing the stock unit altogether, can also provide an improvement, but again to a degree. Though I have yet to see before and after dynos of a stock replacement (stock location) unit as of yet.

By starting with a fairly efficient stock unit, you can make improvements sure, but a lot of the work has been done for you, and the stock intercooler is hardly anything to scoff at. It has even been used as an upgrade on the older 1.8T applications with great success, and it's size and thermal dispersion capacity is phenomenal as an OEM part on any comparable application"

Which I think puts into question how worthwhile a replacement intercooler (FMIC) would be. It's not as if a fast road-going Ed30 is continually subjected to the sort of heat levels experienced on the track. In my opinion.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2