Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 538543 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1940 on: 16 December 2018, 22:46 »
Very smart indeed Jim :smiley: If the weather is on my side I'll hopefully give mine a spruce up tomorrow. I don't think it's been cleaned since the 18th of September...

Cheers...! I don’t think I’d sleep if mine hadn’t been washed for that long!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1941 on: 17 December 2018, 11:23 »
Very smart indeed Jim :smiley: If the weather is on my side I'll hopefully give mine a spruce up tomorrow. I don't think it's been cleaned since the 18th of September...

Cheers...! I don’t think I’d sleep if mine hadn’t been washed for that long!  :grin:

I've been very brave :whistle: :laugh:

Anyway, hopefully the mucky horror will be behind me soon, interior cleaned, admittedly perhaps not cleaning's finest hour but more than acceptable. Just warming up with a hot cuppa then if I can just summon up a wee bit more of my bravery then I'm going to get the power washer out. Possibly not the best day for it, cold and very damp, but if I don't do it today my next chance will be mid January, weather permitting...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1942 on: 17 December 2018, 14:34 »
So I took a brave pill and faced the cold and gloomy day. Wish I'd worn a jumper though, brrrr :rolleyes:

Tricky thing was keeping the car dry, it was very damp out so products were difficult to buff off but after washing I did manage to get some C2v3 on the glass and a spray of Finish Kare QD all over.

Forgot to say how useful my new wheel woolies were, made cleaning the wheels quicker and easier. Well worth the cost :smiley:
« Last Edit: 17 December 2018, 14:50 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1943 on: 17 December 2018, 15:13 »
So I took a brave pill and faced the cold and gloomy day. Wish I'd worn a jumper though, brrrr :rolleyes:

Tricky thing was keeping the car dry, it was very damp out so products were difficult to buff off but after washing I did manage to get some C2v3 on the glass and a spray of Finish Kare QD all over.

Forgot to say how useful my new wheel woolies were, made cleaning the wheels quicker and easier. Well worth the cost :smiley:

Looking good again Watts. Unfortunately it doesn’t stay looking like that for long at this time of year. At least no problems with my summer time hate during the colder months - baked-on flies and bugs!

Glad you found the Wheel Woolies to be good. I wouldn’t be without mine.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1944 on: 17 December 2018, 16:54 »
Looking good again Watts. Unfortunately it doesn’t stay looking like that for long at this time of year. At least no problems with my summer time hate during the colder months - baked-on flies and bugs!

Glad you found the Wheel Woolies to be good. I wouldn’t be without mine.

Cheers SR, each time of the year has it's own 'bug bears' :rolleyes: , I'd have liked to get some wax on today but the conditions weren't conducive.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1945 on: 17 December 2018, 18:18 »

Looks good. I need to sort mine out this next week; interior and exterior.

Looking immaculate there :smiley:

Makes me feel better about mine to hear the mess yours was in though :laugh:

Top job as always booth, attention to detail really shows.

Thanks all.  It’s so much nicer having a clean cabin! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1946 on: 17 December 2018, 18:20 »
@jim - great job, looks great! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1947 on: 17 December 2018, 18:22 »

Someone’s overdosed on brave pills!  Great side effects though!  A very shiny car and a clean interior too!  Looks lovely Watts.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1948 on: 18 December 2018, 09:35 »
Watts - looks great! TR when clean =  ❤️

Rebecca - thanks and what a tidy interior!  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1949 on: 18 December 2018, 09:37 »

Looks good. I need to sort mine out this next week; interior and exterior.

Looking immaculate there :smiley:

Makes me feel better about mine to hear the mess yours was in though :laugh:

Top job as always booth, attention to detail really shows.

Thanks all.  It’s so much nicer having a clean cabin!

Nothing great than getting in after an interior clean especially when the carpets are striped as well!  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport