Author Topic: 20v 1.8T Bora ST All good things come to an end!  (Read 88768 times)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: 20v 1.8T Bora ST
« Reply #560 on: 12 January 2012, 15:05 »
not quite mate but still has a VW badge :afro:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #561 on: 12 January 2012, 15:27 »

Hmmm

It's still never going to be the same!  :sad: :grin:

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #562 on: 12 January 2012, 16:14 »
Just read your thread from page 1 bud. To say it's been a rollercoaster ride would be a bit of an understatement. You're car was looking absolutely stunning just before the misdirected parking incident.

You've put a serious amount of work into this car and for what it's worth I think it's one of the best Boras I've seen. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of it.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #563 on: 12 January 2012, 16:42 »

Hmmm

It's still never going to be the same!  :sad: :grin:

At least it's not an Audi....

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #564 on: 12 January 2012, 19:27 »
Just read your thread from page 1 bud. To say it's been a rollercoaster ride would be a bit of an understatement. You're car was looking absolutely stunning just before the misdirected parking incident.

You've put a serious amount of work into this car and for what it's worth I think it's one of the best Boras I've seen. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of it.

Cheers mate means alot that the build kept you reading the whole thing :smiley:! Yeah it has been emotional, but time to move on I think :grin: doing just under 50miles a day to work and back so need something more economical really :smiley:

The car im going to look at on sunday already has 3 piece Image split rims, lowered on coilovers and being a GTI has the nicer bumpers so not really anything needs modding, but im sure il find something to do to it if i get it  :grin:

In other news also looking to buy my friends mk1 GTI shell... absolutely no rust and i think its all primered. comes with a 16v engine but needs full interior etc, have some ideas already but we will see if it goes ahead (will be taking some of the pretty carbon fibre parts/S3 coil packs off the bora as i think a 1.8T could be on the cards) :afro:
« Last Edit: 12 January 2012, 19:30 by dubsport »

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: 20v 1.8T Bora ST - money collected ...
« Reply #565 on: 07 February 2012, 13:05 »
Well its been 2 weeks since I sold the Bora and my mate has managed to blow the turbo (less then two years old) smash the anni front splitter/bumper/wish bones, and sold it :rolleyes: 

As for my new car well its not quite the same as I originally set out to buy. Was looking at Polo 6N2 GTI's, Audi A4 or a 1.9TDI 3dr silver mk4 golf. Ended up buying a Silver 3dr facelift 55 plate Corsa C 1.3CDTI when I found out it was £30 a year to tax :grin: up to 75mpg on a run and £45 to totally fill the tank :afro: Its perfect for my 50mile a day round trip to work, gotta say im really happy with it. For an 80bhp car it sure does shift. Couple of things I will be doing to it but just needed an economical car for work. Still looking to buy a mk2 golf and vr6 it tho  :wink:
« Last Edit: 07 February 2012, 13:23 by dubsport »

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: 20v 1.8T Bora ST All good things come to an end!
« Reply #566 on: 07 February 2012, 14:11 »
Lock this thread, get the fcuk out and don't come back till you've sold that Corsa!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:grin: :kiss:

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
Re: 20v 1.8T Bora ST All good things come to an end!
« Reply #567 on: 07 February 2012, 18:16 »
Lock this thread, get the fcuk out and don't come back till you've sold that Corsa!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:grin: :kiss:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under