Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2741090 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11260 on: 15 April 2021, 15:23 »
Been giving the summer wheels a good clean ready for swapping over from the winters...  :smiley:

So much easier to clean them properly off the car!

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11261 on: 18 April 2021, 09:51 »
Not too much happening with mine, just a wash and a coat of maintenance spray to act as a sacrificial layer for the ceramic coating.

Then I'm getting booked in to get the back three windows tinted to 90%, hopefully get my BBS sold and then flip a coin between Brescias and Pretorias to replace the Santiagos.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11262 on: 18 April 2021, 09:52 »
Not too much happening with mine, just a wash and a coat of maintenance spray to act as a sacrificial layer for the ceramic coating.

Then I'm getting booked in to get the back three windows tinted to 90%, hopefully get my BBS sold and then flip a coin between Brescias and Pretorias or maybe get some CH-R's to replace the Santiagos.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11263 on: 18 April 2021, 10:27 »

Then I'm getting booked in to get the back three windows tinted to 90%, hopefully get my BBS sold and then flip a coin between Brescias and Pretorias to replace the Santiagos.

Looking good @willni :cool:.

Given the choice between Brescias and Pretorias, it’d have to be Pretorias as I dislike anything that’s diamond cut (poor durability and almost inevitable they’ll succumb to white worm, easily damaged by tyre fitters, more expensive to refurbish than a painted / powder coated alloy).
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11264 on: 18 April 2021, 11:11 »

Given the choice between Brescias and Pretorias, it’d have to be Pretorias as I dislike anything that’s diamond cut (poor durability and almost inevitable they’ll succumb to white worm, easily damaged by tyre fitters, more expensive to refurbish than a painted / powder coated alloy).

Thanks SRGTD, I think I followed your Polo build on Polos-UK some years ago btw.  :grin:

I'd be very much of the same opinion regarding diamond cut. I usually run winter wheels so the Brescias would only be on when there's no salt on the roads, as well as I think the Brescias just look very GTI.

The main factor that puts me off the Pretorias is that there's so many people that run them, understandably so they are a fantastic looking wheel, but a little bit of deviation is nice. If 19 inch winter tyres were a lot cheaper it would be an easy choice of getting both  :grin:

Online dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11265 on: 18 April 2021, 11:22 »
Gave mine its first wash since I got it in Feb. Used the supermarket jet wash only after reading some horror stories about products used by the hand car was places e.g. brick acid for cleaning wheels.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11266 on: 18 April 2021, 12:25 »

Thanks SRGTD, I think I followed your Polo build on Polos-UK some years ago btw.  :grin:

I'd be very much of the same opinion regarding diamond cut. I usually run winter wheels so the Brescias would only be on when there's no salt on the roads, as well as I think the Brescias just look very GTI.

The main factor that puts me off the Pretorias is that there's so many people that run them, understandably so they are a fantastic looking wheel, but a little bit of deviation is nice. If 19 inch winter tyres were a lot cheaper it would be an easy choice of getting both  :grin:

I am a regular contributor on uk-polos.net forum but I didn’t have a build thread; my car modifications are limited to changing my wheels :grin:. I can remember your Flash Red 6R Polo and really liked the BBS alloys you had on that car.

Yes, Pretorias and Pretoria reps are very popular and a nice looking wheel. The OEM Prets do seem to be susceptible to pothole (and similar) damage though, and if that happens, they’re expensive to replace! If you’re running winter wheels, then that does lessen the risk of white worm (or at least delays it’s onset), which would make a set of Brescias a more viable option :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11267 on: 18 April 2021, 12:50 »
I am a regular contributor on uk-polos.net forum but I didn’t have a build thread; my car modifications are limited to changing my wheels :grin:. I can remember your Flash Red 6R Polo and really liked the BBS alloys you had on that car.

Yes, Pretorias and Pretoria reps are very popular and a nice looking wheel. The OEM Prets do seem to be susceptible to pothole (and similar) damage though, and if that happens, they’re expensive to replace! If you’re running winter wheels, then that does lessen the risk of white worm (or at least delays it’s onset), which would make a set of Brescias a more viable option :smiley:.

Definitely seems like a reoccuring theme, red Polo and BBS, now onto a red Golf with BBS sitting in the shed for it :grin:.

Sod's law if I get the Pretorias they'll only be curbed!  :grin:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11268 on: 18 April 2021, 14:19 »

Then I'm getting booked in to get the back three windows tinted to 90%, hopefully get my BBS sold and then flip a coin between Brescias and Pretorias or maybe get some CH-R's to replace the Santiagos.

Looking great :smiley: As an alternative, how about Reifnitz? A good looking wheel, a little unusual and not diamond cut. Should look great with TR.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11269 on: 18 April 2021, 22:00 »

Looking great :smiley: As an alternative, how about Reifnitz? A good looking wheel, a little unusual and not diamond cut. Should look great with TR.
if you can find some. Reps you can but genuine ones, no chance.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.