Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1148532 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2013, 11:10 »
I'm collecting my GTI on Monday, all going to plan. Haven't even seen it yet though as I'm out of the country on my holliers!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2013, 11:23 »
I'm collecting my GTI on Monday, all going to plan. Haven't even seen it yet though as I'm out of the country on my holliers!

Fantastic. Make sure you post plenty of pics Joe :smiley:

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2013, 12:49 »

Couldn't think of a better way to end your "Holliers!"..... Great News Joe.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2013, 16:15 »

My dealer just emailed me to say the car just arrived into them this morning. In his words, it looks "Fantastic!!". He even asked if I minded if they put a few photos of it on their facebook page, lol. I'm getting him to send me on a few photos of it, I'll post them up if I get them.
Hopefully I'll be motoring by Monday afternoon!!

Running Man

« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2013, 16:49 »

My dealer just emailed me to say the car just arrived into them this morning. In his words, it looks "Fantastic!!". He even asked if I minded if they put a few photos of it on their facebook page, lol. I'm getting him to send me on a few photos of it, I'll post them up if I get them.
Hopefully I'll be motoring by Monday afternoon!!

Great news enjoy it Joe  :cool:

Offline GTD Paul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2013, 17:20 »
Hi Joe - did you track the order I wondered if it changed to arrived etc and how long it took from in transit to arriving with the dealer?
On order GTD, DSG, Black, 19" Santiago, Keyless Entry

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2013, 18:44 »
Hi Joe - did you track the order I wondered if it changed to arrived etc and how long it took from in transit to arriving with the dealer?

Hi Paul.
Never tracked it. Never had an order number or asked for one. I'm in Ireland.
Car was ordered on April 8th.
It was built in week 20. (W/c may 13th)
It was put on a boat on June 10th and docked in Dublin on June 13th.

The dealers deliberately delayed it in Dublin then, seeing as I was away and not intending to collect until next week.

This will be my 4th new VW / Audi and each time it's been the same. Approx 8-11 weeks from order to delivery. I'd have had my MK7 last week or perhaps sooner if I'd wanted it. VW Ireland are no shining example of efficiency, but honestly if I'd had to put up with the nonsense you guys deal with, I'd go mad!!! Waiting 5-6 months for a Golf, it's nuts. They aren't Ferrari's!

« Last Edit: 26 June 2013, 19:01 by JoeGTI »

Offline baza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2013, 18:53 »
picking mine up saturday, cant wait

Offline GTD Paul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2013, 19:09 »
Wow 3 weeks after building before it went on a boat!!  It does tie in with what the dealer said 3-4 weeks from build to receive.  Other members on here seem to think they are getting delivery within 7-10 days from build we'll have to see.  Cheers for the info......
On order GTD, DSG, Black, 19" Santiago, Keyless Entry

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2013, 19:18 »
Yeah, took that long to get on a boat. I think it was down to timing, missed one boat by a day or two and had to wait for the next one then. 7-10 days from build to delivery is a tad optimistic but you could get lucky with boat schedules.

Anyway, here she is! Excuse the crap dealer-taken pics, I'll get decent ones myself next week.