Author Topic: New GTI PP spec  (Read 5610 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: New GTI PP spec
« Reply #10 on: 18 March 2019, 12:24 »
My previous Merc had a Pan roof and must say, I used it a lot over the 2 years, especially on tilt. It even had a rain sensor so would close when parked if it started raining. I'd agree with Dubber, a sunroof suits our climate well and feel nice to have open where a window down is too windy or cold. Most convertible drivers would get more use of out sunroof than an actual folding roof as well.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2019, 12:50 »
I spec'd the pan roof and have not regretted it one bit. Not had any issues with it at all & it's now 5 years old. I use it at any opportunity, good to get fresh air breezing in without the windows down, which can be noisy too.

I'd go for solid white - saves the £££'s and much easier to repair.
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2019, 15:35 »
Don't have the Onyx, go with solid.

If I was ordering now I'd spec Art Velours interior too - much nicer for not much extra (still change from having solid white vs Onyx!)

19's.... I'd give them a miss too. As much as I hate the Parkers, I'd either stick with them or go with the dark Sevilles... but those are marmite. The 19's are prone to buckling, heavier and tyres cost a shed load more.

If you ditch the 19's then ditch the DCC too.

Sunroof.... I was glad when my cars stopped coming with them. If you've never had a car with automatic climate control you might think you need a sunroof.... trust me, you don't.

But there are more opinions on options than options themselves :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GtiRab

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2019, 16:30 »
Hi all
I’m a newbie hope I’m not high jacking post.

But after reading many posts here I have contacted my dealer today to change my gti opinions.
Order placed on the 07/03/19 and had a build date off week 14 first week in april, my original order was a solid white 5 door manual with 19 saniago,art velours,sun roof,rear tinted windows and voice activation.

I have now contacted my dealer and told I’m I want to drop the voice activation and add dcc, dynaudio and climate windscreen.

Just hope he will be ok about but only order 13 days ago, do you think the original order will be cancelled and I will be back to square one?

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2019, 17:27 »
It’ll be fine. I changed my order 5 times in the first week! However, once the order is locked in it cannot be changed without cancelling and starting again (any maybe losing a deposit). I think mine was locked after day 9.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2019, 17:46 »
Hi all
I’m a newbie hope I’m not high jacking post.

But after reading many posts here I have contacted my dealer today to change my gti opinions.
Order placed on the 07/03/19 and had a build date off week 14 first week in april, my original order was a solid white 5 door manual with 19 saniago,art velours,sun roof,rear tinted windows and voice activation.

I have now contacted my dealer and told I’m I want to drop the voice activation and add dcc, dynaudio and climate windscreen.

Just hope he will be ok about but only order 13 days ago, do you think the original order will be cancelled and I will be back to square one?
Congratulations (even though we're not allowed to congratulate people on this forum  :rolleyes: ), sounds like a great spec, you won't be disappointed. :cool:

I was going to say that you could probably ditch the climate screen, then I saw where you are, and yes I agree that would be a must have for you! Don't fancy saving £400 on the wheels and getting the Brescias rather than the Santiagos?  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline GtiRab

• Just got here
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2019, 18:04 »
Thanks

Just waiting to hear back from the dealer as I order through drive a deal and he is in the south of England emailed him so just waiting and thanks as I’m now going to do the Brescia wheels as well. :grin: :grin:

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2019, 18:27 »
You should be alright, I just had to reorder after wanting to add dynaudio to mine. Annoyingly I was a month in, on a predicted 12wk lead time, now been told 22wks :( gutted, but just had to have dynaudio after hearing it in action 😫 good things come to those that wait... well that's what I'm telling myself!

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2019, 19:03 »
I didn’t spec my MY19 as it was at the dealers as a Stock car and I had a choice of about 3-4 GTI PPs. But some thoughts.

Panoramic Roof - I had a demo on extended test which had a Pano Roof in Solid White - whilst it was a nice addition when in the car- and made the cabin lighter for me it broke up the lines of the car on a light coloured car. I’d either choose a darker colour or delete the  Pano roof.

Art Velour- I thought the only choice on a GTI would be a Tartan interior but having seen several with Art Velour it became a must have and a mo th in I’m really pleased with it and it receives a lot of complements.

Bresicas- Car came with them and I really like them love the look on the GTI and the way they echo the Ps on earlier Pirelli Alloys. I’ve found the ride to be fine for the mixture of A and B roads I use the Golf for. I’ve so far found the grip levels of the P Zeros to be fine in some pretty wet motorways and muddy B roads( not really been out in any real snow). I’m not a fan of the std 18” wheels but will probably get some 18” OZ wheels for some winter tyres for next winter.

Climate Screen- living in the outskirts of the Highlands a must for us and it’s been excellent on the days we’ve needed it.

Other than that I found the basic spec to be excellent in the 7.5 - the Camera now being standard is a nice bonus as is the fact that CarPlay is Std as it’s a £200 pound option on a JLR product.

But choose what suits you best -

2018 |Isaac Blue GTI| 3 Door |Manual |Art Velour| Bresicas
2018 | Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
2005 | Graphite Blue Mk V GTi- long gone but not forgotten

Offline alfiejts

• Just got here
« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2019, 20:06 »
Its all personal choice, but just to throw my personal experience into the pot...

I've has a 2016 GTI on a lease for the last 2 years. I went for just basic spec (as it was a lease) and didn't regret it at all.

I went from an Audi A5 coupe with 19" wheels and 18 speaker B&O sound system to a standard golf and was quite happy with the sound system. (If you want to throw £850 at the extra sound system, I'm sure its great - but I went from the premium Audi system to the standard golf system and I've never regretted it. - But then I'm 58 and don't play it with the bass racked up to 100db)

Also, I went for standard 18" wheels and no dynamic chassis - and never regretted that either. Much more compliant than my Audi. Again - we're all different, but even over crashy local potholed roads, I find the standard suspension, on 18" wheels is fine for me (and for my wife...)...

I was so happy with those choices that I didn't change them when I ordered my new 2019 GTI PP.

The one option I did gamble on for my new GTI PP was the Art Velours interior.

The tartan interior is fine but it was the only thing that I used to look at in my old GTI and think could be improved.

I didn't want full leather - both for the cost, but also because my wife's biggest grumble about my A5 was that when I was driving it "spiritedly" she kept sliding from side to side in the leather passenger seat.
She was so much happier with the cloth seats in the GTI because she wasn't sliding from side to side as I was cornering...

The choice was a gamble because the first time I saw the Art Velours interior was when I collected my new 2019 car - but I think its fantastic.
The "leather" inserts in the doors and on the door arm rests, with contrasting red stitching takes the interior up a level from my previous cloth GTI; and the "pseudo-alcantara" seat faces are just lovely - both to look at and to touch.

After a fortnight with my new GTI PP, I've got no "spec regrets" - but, as everyone says - we're all different, with different budgets and there are no right or wrong answers...