Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 82757 times)

Offline Rich_G

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #40 on: 08 December 2013, 19:34 »
Cookie,

I've had the same conversation with both my dealer and VW UK and both deny that there was ever a sound actuator on pre BW45 cars. I've given up now.
GTD in Tornado Red

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 09 December 2013, 17:28 »
Cookie,

I've had the same conversation with both my dealer and VW UK and both deny that there was ever a sound actuator on pre BW45 cars. I've given up now.
They're probably just going by what the brochure said.  To be fair it wasn't ever mentioned but was definitely fitted.
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 09 December 2013, 19:15 »
So the distinction between a post BW45 car (with it on as a paid option) and a post BW45 where it has not been ordered (and presumablye therfor not fitted) has not yet been tested - and with five months to build won't be until next Spring!

Offline CookieGTD

• Just got here
« Reply #43 on: 09 December 2013, 20:36 »
Surely the sound actuator could be retrofitted to any car that is delivered without one anyway? MK6 sound actuators are £30 on the bay so surely anyone wanting one could just buy one, fit it and then get it coded if they are the same and if not buy a MK7 one from VW?

Cookie

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #44 on: 09 December 2013, 20:45 »
So the distinction between a post BW45 car (with it on as a paid option) and a post BW45 where it has not been ordered (and presumablye therfor not fitted) has not yet been tested - and with five months to build won't be until next Spring!

Won't be that lon.   Those of us waiting on bw51 could have them end of Jan.  Bw47s arriving currently.
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 09 December 2013, 23:21 »
But the option was not made available to order until BW45?

Offline Climb_Ne

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 10 December 2013, 07:26 »
I have added the option tom my car due to be built in week 3 so you might not have to wait that long.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2013, 07:50 by Climb_Ne »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 10 December 2013, 08:55 »
Well now that my BW 45 has arrived (mirrors now fold/unfold on locking/unlocking), it appears that I have the Sound Actuator fitted.

With the mode in 'Normal', engine just sounds like you'd expect, but in 'Sport' the engine noise is much deeper, louder witha bit more of a growl.  Definitely a different sound between the 2 modes, managed to find a back road where I was able to try the modes back to back and accelerate (mainly in 2nd).  Tried it lots just to make sure of the difference too :wink:
can you scan your car with vcds to find out how to unfold the mirrors on unlock?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 10 December 2013, 09:47 »
If people are getting it for free there will be some upset ones who are paying out £250!

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #49 on: 10 December 2013, 09:52 »
To be fair this is marketing and Volkswagen AG have the right to change the spec of a car whenever they see fit.
If they remove something which was never stated on the specification when you order then they are well within their right to do so.
On the other hand if they remove something which is clearly states on the spec when you ordered and they have failed to notifiy you, then your well within your right to reject the car or seek compensation.
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme