Author Topic: Holy f11ck there is a lot of stickies in here....  (Read 2854 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Holy f11ck there is a lot of stickies in here....
« on: 18 January 2012, 11:53 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=79.0

Any objections to me tidying it up?

R32 would have a fit  :grin:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Holy f11ck there is a lot of stickies in here....
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2012, 12:00 »
Why don't you create one 'How To:' thread and post all those links in that, that way they are still there but only in one thread.

The way it is at the moment may be a little off putting to new members?

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2012, 12:30 »
Why don't you create one 'How To:' thread and post all those links in that, that way they are still there but only in one thread.

Sounds good to me - it does look  :sick: ATM

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2012, 15:48 »
looks much nicer now..  :cool:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2012, 16:13 »
I've always found that section fine. Just because Mr Disagreeable finds it a bit ugly in the other thread doesn't mean it isn't a perfectly useable section. When I got my VCDS cable it took me all of a quarter of an hours reading and making notes and I was good to go on most of the things I wanted to activate.
It'll take a fair bit of work to turn the section into one thread with all the info required and will look just as untidy when you click on that thread unless someone has spent hours hyperlinking everything. Good luck with that!
Face it, most new posters will post up the question in the mk6 General section before even clicking on the maintenance section.
My old boss once said to me ''the best way to keep a secret at work is to put it up on the staff noticeboard''.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2012, 17:02 »
Ever go in the mk4 maintenance section? We had 3 pages of stickies.
I trimmed it down to about 1/2 a page of important stickies now.

Like I done here
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2012, 17:58 »
WOW! Haven't been in there for a while, there is loads of stickies but they are out of the way of the main page so not really a problem, i agree with the "how to" link though, would make a big difference imo.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2012, 18:05 »
I just thoughtid unsticky them all?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2012, 19:03 »
I've always found that section fine. Just because Mr Disagreeable finds it a bit ugly in the other thread doesn't mean it isn't a perfectly useable section. When I got my VCDS cable it took me all of a quarter of an hours reading and making notes and I was good to go on most of the things I wanted to activate.
It'll take a fair bit of work to turn the section into one thread with all the info required and will look just as untidy when you click on that thread unless someone has spent hours hyperlinking everything. Good luck with that!
Face it, most new posters will post up the question in the mk6 General section before even clicking on the maintenance section.
My old boss once said to me ''the best way to keep a secret at work is to put it up on the staff noticeboard''.

just to add... i dont think I have ever once been in that section!! I didnt even know it was there.... i dont believe in maintenance  :grin:

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2012, 19:08 »
This should be a sticky! :rolleyes:

Oops  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 18 January 2012, 21:45 by The Doc »